Invites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is getting invites yet, and if so, where (if you don't mind posting)???

Also, was your application complete when you got them? I have a feeling it is going to be a while before one of my LoRs is in and I am nervous this is gonna hold up any invites I might have otherwise received.

Thanks. Good luck to this years psych applicants.

Members don't see this ad.

Got my first invite today..Henry Ford, Detroit..last 2 LORs uploaded yesterday..good luck to everyone!

Would they really hold back offering you an interview if only 2 of the 3 LoR's are in? Oh, by the way, I haven't even submitted my app yet...;)

Members don't see this ad :)
None yet, but not surprised as my LoRs are still a long way from being uploaded, thanks to the ECFMG.

Congrats Mercury. No love for me yet. I imagine that within the next few weeks we should start to hear from the programs. Alright, I need to get back to work....

I've got 4 interviews... Iowa, St louis, Wayne state detroit, and Harlem/columbia univ. One LoR not uploaded yet.

Got 2 interview offers today without any of my LoRs uploaded yet (they should be in this week). I guess you don't have to have your Letters in for all programs.

Oh yeah, U of Rochester and U of Maryland were the programs.

First invite @ University of Rochester

I've got 4 interviews... Iowa, St louis, Wayne state detroit, and Harlem/columbia univ. One LoR not uploaded yet.

Impressive.

If you don't mind me asking, are you ECFMG certified?

I only ask, because I got my first rejection today: "We won't review your app until you are certified."

I'm taking Step 2 CK at the end of next month (passed Step 1, Step 2 CS and have my diploma).

Impressive.

I only ask, because I got my first rejection today: "We won't review your app until you are certified."

I'm taking Step 2 CK at the end of next month (passed Step 1, Step 2 CS and have my diploma).

That is not a rejection, they haven't considered your application.
Once you are certified, email them and remind them.
Then if they say no-- it's a rejection.

BTW did you check before you applied to see if they required applicants to be "ECFMG certification AT TIME OF APPLICATION".

That is not a rejection, they haven't considered your application.
Once you are certified, email them and remind them.
Then if they say no-- it's a rejection.

Good advice.

BTW did you check before you applied to see if they required applicants to be "ECFMG certification AT TIME OF APPLICATION".

A couple of the programs I applied to did state that, but this particular one did not.

I don't mean to complain, but I did meet a US grad in a psych program who hadn't passed Step 2 CK or CS while they were in the middle of their PGY1 year.

On the other hand, they expect us to have our diploma, Step 1, 2 CK and CS BEFORE APPLYING.

I could post some choice words here, but I think I will simply hit my books instead to make sure that I do pass.

I'm guessing you are certified.

How long did it take for you to get the certification, once you met the requirements?

I ask because, it looks like I'm going to be cutting it really, really close to their application deadline of December 1st.

Good advice.

I don't mean to complain, but I did meet a US grad in a psych program who hadn't passed Step 2 CK or CS while they were in the middle of their PGY1 year.

On the other hand, they expect us to have our diploma, Step 1, 2 CK and CS BEFORE APPLYING.

I could post some choice words here, but I think I will simply hit my books instead to make sure that I do pass.

How long did it take for you to get the certification, once you met the requirements?

I ask because, it looks like I'm going to be cutting it really, really close to their application deadline of December 1st.

Such is life.
I'm sure whereever you studied have equally restrictive policies that would apply to non-nationals.

If you feel the requirements for FMGs are unfair, you don't have to play the game, stay home and work in your homeland.

I applied last year, very late with S1 & 2CS (before I had taken 2CK and was certified). I did not receive a single invite.

No matter what they say, I believe they expect FMGs to have the certificate when we apply.
GL

Good advice.

A couple of the programs I applied to did state that, but this particular one did not.

i am an img. last year i had 5 interviews. i took step 2 jan 17th. i didnt match as my scores came in around the ROL time. it is still 2 ealry. you should be fine.

btw i have 1 interview so far.

Members don't see this ad :)
First one today! Univ of Southern California via email :D

Such is life.
I'm sure whereever you studied have equally restrictive policies that would apply to non-nationals.

If you feel the requirements for FMGs are unfair, you don't have to play the game, stay home and work in your homeland.

Considering that I am a USIMG, I would very much like to consider the US my "homeland".

Besides, according to Iserson's book, such policies might be illegal as residencies are funded by federal dollars and rules specifically prohibit against discrimination simply based on graduating from a foreign school.

But, good luck anyhow.

i am an img. last year i had 5 interviews. i took step 2 jan 17th. i didnt match as my scores came in around the ROL time. it is still 2 ealry. you should be fine.

btw i have 1 interview so far.

Thanks. Good luck.

Impressive.

I'm not ECFMG certified. I passed Step 1, 2 CS and CK with double 99, and I have my diploma but I'm waiting for the verification of my credentials.

I'm not ECFMG certified. I passed Step 1, 2 CS and CK with double 99, and I have my diploma but I'm waiting for the verification of my credentials.

Close enough. Congrats on the scores. I don't think that you'll have any trouble getting a position.

Congrats Mercury. No love for me yet. I imagine that within the next few weeks we should start to hear from the programs. Alright, I need to get back to work....

Thanks melvin! Im sure ull hear from them really soon..Good luck to you!

can we make the IMG concerns a different thread? :sleep:
Interviews, anyone? and how long from the time things were uploaded to the time you received an invite?
Congrats to those receiving! :D

can we make the IMG concerns a different thread? :sleep:
Interviews, anyone? and how long from the time things were uploaded to the time you received an invite?
Congrats to those receiving! :D

I think it's going to be different for everyone and we shouldn't freak out if it takes a few weeks...BUT, I submitted my ERAS on Wednesday morning and got my 1st interview the next day...with only ONE LoR....go figure.

I do not miss this process - good luck everyone, and I'm sure you'll do great!

Don't obsess too much checking that damn ERAS, its so not healthy - I have a 3rd nerve palsy from checking it so much :p

may i ask--those of you with interviews-was your academic transcipt in yet? my school waits till the middle of october to submit them to eras. does anybody know if schools offer interviews before the transcript is out? :oops:

no interviews. my app has been completed, with the exception of the dean's letter, since sept 3rd. i suck at life. :( :( :( :( :(

no interviews. my app has been completed, with the exception of the dean's letter, since sept 3rd. i suck at life. :( :( :( :( :(

Chill, rs. Interview season really doesn't get rolling for at least another month. I'm going out on a limb and making the call that you will match at one of your personal top 3 programs.

may i ask--those of you with interviews-was your academic transcipt in yet? my school waits till the middle of october to submit them to eras. does anybody know if schools offer interviews before the transcript is out? :oops:

yes, people are getting interviews w/o the transcript, but i think it is way too early to be worried about whether or not you are getting interviews yet...we will ALL get into great programs! Best of luck. :)

Invite #2, Univ of Washington via email. All my compulsive email-checking for the past few weeks has paid off :p

Institute of Living Hartford CT #2 invite

Emory and U. Colorado- Denver.

Just thought I'd share since I check this compulsively...

University of Colorado
Ohio State
Washington University
Emory

Chill, rs. Interview season really doesn't get rolling for at least another month. I'm going out on a limb and making the call that you will match at one of your personal top 3 programs.

haha i am chill, no worries. i might hold you to that though.... want to put some money on it?? :p

anyone get interviews from texas programs yet?

uconn
uva
hopkins
u of co-denver

i got uconn first and now my app is finally complete (except for deans letter) as of late this afternoon and then POP, i heard from hopkins, uva and ucd!

I got my first interview today and submitted my app last Thursday. I am freaking out cause I am still missing a LOR though.

New York Medical College in Westchester

I got my first interview today and submitted my app last Thursday. I am freaking out cause I am still missing a LOR though.

New York Medical College in Westchester

Hey, Great job on the interview! :) But i thought i'd pass the word...i know someone who transferred out of that program b/c it was a bit malignant. this is just one person's experience, so take it with a grain of salt...but keep it in mind when speaking to the residents. i hope this is helpful. great job on getting the interview, though.

Boo...Can you please elaborate on it being malignant? Is it something that I should automatically rule out this program? You can message me if you don't want to share on the board. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Boo...Can you please elaborate on it being malignant? Is it something that I should automatically rule out this program? You can message me if you don't want to share on the board. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

i asked this person about it today...they just said "trust me, it just is" and didn't elaborate. i was hesitant to post this, but thought i'd want to know myself and so i did. i'm applying this cycle as well, and personally, i would go to the interview and really try to talk to the residents off the record about what they think. of course, if you're getting tons of interviews...that's your call. i really didn't mean to rain on your parade about the invite. i'm just trying to pass along some info. it might not mean anything!!!! best of luck. :)

Got my first invite at U of R. I submitted my application yesterday.

Very excited to report I got interview #2 at Beth Israel in Manhattan :)
Was surprised I got an email on a Saturday

That is great!:thumbup: I'm just curious, what did you decide with NYMC?

yay me too! i got it saturday night also ... i hope the poor secretary wasn't working that late and for some reason the server just had a delay in sending it!

As for NYMC - I ended up scheduling the interview for very early on and if nothing else, think it will be good practice for later interviews. I will be on the alert for anything "suspicious." But thank you very much for your earlier post and I'm glad you posted it!

As for NYMC - I ended up scheduling the interview for very early on and if nothing else, think it will be good practice for later interviews. I will be on the alert for anything "suspicious." But thank you very much for your earlier post and I'm glad you posted it!

Great. I'd probably do the same thing. Let us know what you think. Hey, it might turn out to be awsome!

so far have Emory, Beth Israel, and now UT-Galveston :D . Now I'm just waiting for the other Texas schools!

hey all,
got invites to
UAB
UVA
UF
USF
Tufts
USC
any body know if any of these programs are good?
big ups!

UCLA Medical Center (main one) and numero uno choice-and USC not so happy but hey so count me in for

UCLA
UCS

UCLA Medical Center (main one) and numero uno choice-and USC not so happy but hey so count me in for

UCLA
UCS

UCLA ... that's impressive considering they usually don't start reviewing applications until after the dean's letter is received.

For those receiving interviews from USC (Trojans), were your applications complete with all lors? Thanks.

Just a question: I hope I'm not freakin out here, but are most programs nowadays waiting for all letters and dean's letter/transcript before they give out invites?? I see a lot of programs have downloaded my stuff but no response yet. But then again I only sent my app out about 6 days ago.