Iowa Interview Invites!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
nope, I think it's still too early for rejection letters

Members don't see this ad.

nope, I think it's still too early for rejection letters

Yeah i think so too megs. I think the dean said that they could go almost all the way through april before they are done reviewing everyones app.

has anybody heard lately if they have got accepted??

Members don't see this ad :)
I have officially lost all hope:(:(:(.......time for plan b, whatever that is

Because others have heard back & that makes me nervous....I feel like this is never going to happen for me

Because others have heard back & that makes me nervous....I feel like this is never going to happen for me

Iowa reviews applications randomly... yours may not have been selected from the pile yet. Just be optimistic!

Iowa reviews applications randomly... yours may not have been selected from the pile yet. Just be optimistic!

I was optimistic last year after my interview, and the year before that!!!!!

Hey Sara, you interviewed last yr, but did not get accepted. Strange, b/c I could've sworn Dean Kelly said all that interviewed were accepted, may it have been through regular acceptance or waitlist......

...have not heard back and with that news, hopes are becoming bleeker and bleeker

I was optimistic last year after my interview, and the year before that!!!!!

You interviewed last yr, but did not get accepted. Strange, b/c I could've sworn Dean Kelly said all that interviewed were accepted, may it have been through regular acceptance or waitlist......

...have not heard back and with that news, hopes are becoming bleeker and bleeker:(

Hey Sara, you interviewed last yr, but did not get accepted. Strange, b/c I could've sworn Dean Kelly said all that interviewed were accepted, may it have been through regular acceptance or waitlist......

...have not heard back and with that news, hopes are becoming bleeker and bleeker

You're right, he said they even pulled people off of the rejection list...

Members don't see this ad :)
O wait....I don't rem him talking about a rejection list.....

waaaaaaa....bleeker and bleeker

No, that should make you feel better! Last year, they accepted everyone off the waitlist AND even some who had already been rejected. :cool:

Found out yesterday I got into Midwestern CCP and Iowa!!! 90% sure Iowa is my choice!:)

No, that should make you feel better! Last year, they accepted everyone off the waitlist AND even some who had already been rejected. :cool:

When he said that, I about sh#@.......especially since Jennifer Bertrand told me how close I was to the waitlist. I feel like I have a scarlet letter on my application

those of you who got accepted yesterday, when did you interview? Don't feel bad Sara, I interviewed last year and didn't get in either.

those of you who got accepted yesterday, when did you interview? Don't feel bad Sara, I interviewed last year and didn't get in either.

If I don't get in, I don't know what I am going to do........

during my interview, they said they could review applications as late as may, so dont worry yet

only 9 ppl joined the pharmacy class 2013 at iowa, where r u guys at?! lol

has anyone contacted the school to find out how many people have been accepted yet or how many applications have been gone through?

Nope.....just waiting for my rejection letter

I got the e-mail from Dean Kelly today :D

Congrats!! I sent an email to Jennifer Bertrand today, asking for some information, here's what she said: "The Admissions Committee is still meeting and reviewing candidates. They take a holistic approach to reviewing applications so the process takes some time. As the information we gave you on interview day stated, we expect most candidates to be notified of their admission status by the end of April. So you should hear something in the next several weeks."

I received notification of acceptance today too. I will be sending my answer early next week...so there will be a spot for someone!

I'm in!!!!!!!:D:D:D I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

has anybody else got accpeted this week??:) i wonder how many acceptances they have sent out so far..i would think they would be close to finished sending them out.

i haven't heard. i asked when I emailed Jennifer Bertrand and she wouldn't tell me. i told u guys everything she told me. I've been on the facebook website and there's only 12 people on there.

I'm in!!!!!!!:D:D:D I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

CONGRATULATIONS SARA!! :clap:

I've been following your status since I joined SDN a couple of years ago - I'm so impressed by your perserverance and dedication - good luck at Iowa!!

I met with our pharmacy advisor to get ready to choose classes, and she told me she doesn't know how many ppl have been accepted either...

CONGRATULATIONS SARA!! :clap:

I've been following your status since I joined SDN a couple of years ago - I'm so impressed by your perserverance and dedication - good luck at Iowa!!

Thank you so much!!! My husband always says "persistence is key"

I met with our pharmacy advisor to get ready to choose classes, and she told me she doesn't know how many ppl have been accepted either...

I meet with her next wednesday

has anyone heard any kind of news lately? i was at this point last year and got my rejection letter. I was told pretty much all I needed was a better interview and i should be a shew-in. It looks like they were wrong because I killed my interview, had a better reference, and even got technician of the year for my company. I keep watching the mail for my rejection letter :(

lol whats with all the pessimism on this thread?! sara was all sad till she got accepted too... just be patient, its only mid april! cheers

lol whats with all the pessimism on this thread?! sara was all sad till she got accepted too... just be patient, its only mid april! cheers

The waiting part really sucks, especially when other people start to hear good news and you haven't.....

So it will be 2 months ago tomorrow that I interviewed at Iowa...and still no response. I won't be attending either way, since tuition is absolutely ridiculous for OOS students, but I'd still like to know if I got accepted!!! :laugh:

i'm feeling blah today. wonder if it's a sign??

I'd be hopeful for Wednesday. I found out on Wednesday, April 8th and my friend was notified last Wednesday, April 15th. So I think they are notifying people on Wednesdays! I received mine in the afternoon, so don't give up hope if you don't hear in the morning! :)

I mailed my rejection of acceptance (or whatever the proper term is) this morning, so at least one person should be hearing soon. Lance13, I ended up waiting 10 weeks to hear anything from them...I feel your frustration!

ehhhh...lance, y r u still waiting, y dont u just email iowa to remove urself from consideration? that way, it can speed up the process for the ppl who actually do want to come to iowa, just my thought

there are 7 ppl who registered for classes so far out of 114 seats =P im the only one taking the last section Pharmacy Practice Lab I on friday ha guess everyone else want to get done early

I felt a slight excitement the morning i receieved my acceptance email, i didnt know y, i just felt something haha weird then right after i checked my email, i got a call from another pharmacy school for interview... yeah...a pretty good day lol i got mine on friday, but i think it was sent on thursday night...

there are 7 ppl who registered for classes so far out of 114 seats =P im the only one taking the last section Pharmacy Practice Lab I on friday ha guess everyone else want to get done early

wow, they have you guys registering already. I guess if only 7 people have started registering that's good news for those of us who haven't been accepted. Have you done all of your fafsa and loan stuff already?

I don't know much about the loan process for grad school, but does anyone know how it works for housing? My husband and I own our own home and if I don't work, we'll need additional money to pay our mortgage and other bills. I've heard both ways, that you can and can't get additional help. Anyone know for sure??

ehhhh...lance, y r u still waiting, y dont u just email iowa to remove urself from consideration? that way, it can speed up the process for the ppl who actually do want to come to iowa, just my thought

no thanks...I drove 3+ hours for my interview and paid $100 for the application...I deserve a response.