Iowa interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saradempsey

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering when people have their interviews at Iowa. Mine is Feb 17th a.m. Has anybody had theirs yet and if so, how was it?? I am so excited:D :D

Members don't see this ad.

My interview is this Saturday. Where are you from?

Hey... I don't think anyone from Iowa has had their interviews yet for next year... I'm pretty sure this Saturday is the first one. That's when I have mine! I'm so scared but also excited! I wonder how long it'll take to hear after the interview.. I just want to know already!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, I will have mine tomorrow too, Feb.10. Good luck to everyone.
I will go to the afternoon one. I am a little bit worried about my interview essay. They require us to write 2 essay for 2 questions. I couldn't even write a decent one in half an hour. but anyway, I still hope for a good result.:p

Mine is in the morning tomorrow. I'm scared for the essays too! Does anyone know what kind of questions they ask? Are they personal or related to the field of pharmacy? Good luck to everyone!

Anyone going to the March interview?? or did anyone hear about it?? just wondering!:confused:

A guy I know got a request for the March 3rd interview the other day... It's just the same set up as the other two dates I believe...

Anyone going to the March interview?? or did anyone hear about it?? just wondering!:confused:

Hi,

I got one for March 3!
I talked to Jennifer Bertrand the advisor, I think they sent out all the invitations for March 3 interview this week.
Have u heard from them yet Nubian princess?
Good luck to all of you!
For those who have one tomorrow, give us some feedbacks!
Thank you.

No I haven't heard anything yet from IOWA!!!! oh well, maybe I'm rejected then!:eek: :( :(

Their website says they are interviewing through March, so maybe you will get an interview for a later date in March. :oops:

Good Luck for those who are being interviewed right now :) :luck:
Don't forget to give us some feedback;)

Hey guys!
How was the interview today???
Give us some feedbacks please!!
Thanks a lot!!!

The interview today went really well I thought!! I was really nervous but the people were really laid back... you got to meet a lot of people, which was nice. The dean was incredibly friendly and made sure to talk to everyone. The writing session was very easy.. nothing too stressful. I really enjoyed the tour because I've never really seen the COP. The 3 students giving the tour were also pretty helpful. All in all, I thought it was a very good experience. I was really scared, but there was really no reason to be. Good luck to everyone!

The interview today went really well I thought!! I was really nervous but the people were really laid back... you got to meet a lot of people, which was nice. The dean was incredibly friendly and made sure to talk to everyone. The writing session was very easy.. nothing too stressful. I really enjoyed the tour because I've never really seen the COP. The 3 students giving the tour were also pretty helpful. All in all, I thought it was a very good experience. I was really scared, but there was really no reason to be. Good luck to everyone!

Phew!

I'm driving to Iowa City next weekend for my interview.:scared:

Hey, everyone. I will be flying to Iowa City through Cedar Rapids for my Iowa interview. This also marks the first time for me to fly outside of the south during winter and spring time. I am excited to go up North. This might be a stupid question, but what should I wear to cope with the freezing weather of Iowa City after living in Florida and southern China for all my life?

Hey, everyone. I will be flying to Iowa City through Cedar Rapids for my Iowa interview. This also marks the first time for me to fly outside of the south during winter and spring time. I am excited to go up North. This might be a stupid question, but what should I wear to cope with the freezing weather of Iowa City after living in Florida for most of my life?

On Saturday (when I had my interview), it was like -8 degrees out... so I wore a heavy coat. Today it's much more bearable (probably around 30s) so if you had only had a lighter coat, you'd probably be fine. Check the weather. You take your coat off right when you get there, so it doesnt really matter what it looks like. I know some people have posted on here asking if they need to wear a dressy coat. Bring gloves! Your hands will really hurt if it's as cold as it was this weekend without gloves. Otherwise, you really aren't outside at all, except for walking from your car so it's not a big deal.

Hey, everyone. I will be flying to Iowa City through Cedar Rapids for my Iowa interview. This also marks the first time for me to fly outside of the south during winter and spring time. I am excited to go up North. This might be a stupid question, but what should I wear to cope with the freezing weather of Iowa City after living in Florida and southern China for all my life?

I hope you have a winter coat!!!! We just got some snow and its not going to be very warm on saturday.