Ipad for note taking in optometry school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HM-boss

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i have been thinking of getting an ipad pro during opto school to take notes and study lecture slides from. I am really tired of printing papers and misplacing them and trying organize everything when studying so i figured taking everything on an ipad will make studying so much convenient but im also kind of hesitant of possible drawbacks of taking everything digital. Do you guys take your notes on an ipad? Would you recommend it? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
That sounds great. I used an iPad for notes all throughout optometry school.

I recently bought an iPad Air after speaking to a lot of optometry students about note-taking, and most of them swear by iPads! Of course there are also students who said a laptop is sufficient and a few others who prefer the traditional handwriting notes on paper, but many students I know stick with a tablet. I have been using my iPad during my last semester of undergrad and so far it has been really useful, esp with all the cool notetaking apps out there. I used to only use my Macbook to take notes and sometimes a simple notebook to draw diagrams/jot things down, but having a iPad makes it a lot more convenient in terms of carrying things around and accessibility.

Members don't see this ad :)
Highly recommend Ipad Pro with the apple pencil!

As a follow up question, does anyone recommend Microsoft Surface Pro, or know how it compares to the IPad Pro, if I were to choose from those? Thanks!

As a follow up question, does anyone recommend Microsoft Surface Pro, or know how it compares to the IPad Pro, if I were to choose from those? Thanks!

If you want to use the device for writing notes and studying. The apple pen feeling and sensitivity js the best. Overall the best way to put it : the surface is a laptop trying to be a tablet and the ipad is a tablet trying to be a laptop

Sent from my iPhone using SDN