iPad Pro 11” or 12.9”

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

11 or 12.9”

• 11”

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 12.9”

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

njfuturedds

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious to see what you all think. I’m currently testing out both and am having trouble deciding. I’d love to see what current students think, especially their thoughts on owning the other size. I do have a laptop and will be pairing it with an external monitor, but the extra screen real estate on the 12.9 is great. The trade off in carrying more easily one handedly and even two handedly is another factor I’m considering, but I will be using primarily on a desk so I’m not sure it even matters much.

Members don't see this ad.

I have an 11'' and it's been a good addition! My thoughts on if you get a 12.9'' then it almost costs the same as a MacBook pro.

I have an 11'' and it's been a good addition! My thoughts on if you get a 12.9'' then it almost costs the same as a MacBook pro.
Yep that’s fair! It definitely is costly but I don’t mind spending on tech I enjoy and could use for non school things. Did you have yours back when you were in dental school? Or do you ever find yourself wishing you had more space (for literally anything)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep that’s fair! It definitely is costly but I don’t mind spending on tech I enjoy and could use for non school things. Did you have yours back when you were in dental school? Or do you ever find yourself wishing you had more space (for literally anything)?
I had the 4th generation iPad back in the dental school which is a far cry from where the iPads are nowadays haha. I used the iPad when studying at a coffee shop and going over power points.
I used my MacBook for mostly everything and it got the job done. Space wise, the more the better. I uploaded a lot of the power points and documents to Box, Dropbox and Google drive so that saved a lot of space too.

**Apple Pencil is a nice accessory for the iPad pro. Great for taking notes and signing documents.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m a fourth year student and I’ve been using the 2nd gen iPad Pro 12.9” since D1 year. With notability and liquid text app then split screening, I can have five tabs open at once for referencing texts, notes, etc.

That sweet XDR liquid screen is only on the 12.9. That alone should steer you away from the 11 inch.