iPad Pro for Optometry school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

evorage

Midwestern AZCOPT C/O 2021
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was wondering if any current students or iPad users could talk a little bit about your experience with using the iPad for school. I currently have a MacBook Pro but I feel that adding a iPad Pro would benefit me in studying and note taking.
Black Friday is right around the corner so I would like to take advantage of the sales!

Members don't see this ad.

I went to NOVA recently and they implement a ipad policy where all students are required to have one to not only take notes but to take quizzes etc. It was really nice actually being able to use the ipen to take notes on it as well as have e textbooks on there as well to read at the same time. It was lightweight and seemed very convenient. All the students I know there loved it. I'm getting one for myself in fact.

Reactions: 1 user
Went ahead and got a iPad Pro 9.7 on Black Friday at Best Buy. And today I got a Logitech create keyboard case for 70 because it was priced wrong haha they are usually 130.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's what I've used for all of my undergrad. THEY ARE AWESOME!! Check out the Notability app for note taking -- it's been my best friend. Notability is suuuuuuuper beneficial because of the auto note backup - if you back your notes up to Google Drive, you can access them on your laptop and you never have to worry about losing them.

Hello everyone, I was wondering if any current students or iPad users could talk a little bit about your experience with using the iPad for school. I currently have a MacBook Pro but I feel that adding a iPad Pro would benefit me in studying and note taking.
Black Friday is right around the corner so I would like to take advantage of the sales!

I'm a PC user and have a 2-1 HP spectre. I've done fine without having an iPad but I know some of my classmates use them. Really your preference