IPAP student - help

Started by BeadleKL
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BeadleKL

New Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am about to start my research for my thesis and wanted to concentrate on Genomic medicine and focus on a common disease process that could/will benefit from the current genetic research.
My clinic rotations start the same day my proposal is due.

Since I have not seen any patients, I am asking for responses as to which disease would be 'best' to write about.
I have done a few days of active research and have steered toward Asthma.

Please let me know what you think,

I really appreciate any help or advice, especially from any former IPAP or Air Force PA's.
 
RAD is a great topic...have you considered Cystic Fibrosis?
 
Thank You!
Yes, it was my counselor's 1st suggestion. But he didn't say why.

I have yet to have a class on the disease's specifics and do not know 'the big question' that needs to be answered with cystic fibrosis.

It would be hard to derive any conclusions. I will do some reading.

Nonetheless,
Would you focus on it's presentation THEN incorporate the genetic component or vice versa, or something completely different?

Thanks Again