Test Tools iPhone and iPod touches on Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Modality

Vendor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you have an iPhone or an iPod touch? What about your classmates & colleagues? Your professors?

Do you use your device for studying or course preparation?

Tell us how you use your iPhone or iPod touch to get more from your school experience, and you'll be entered to win one of 25 FREE medical apps from Modality!

To mark SDN Test Prep Week, Modality is giving away $1,000 worth of free products to the students who participate in our discussions. Post a thoughtful response and you might win the Modality medical app of your choice!

Browse our selection!

Thanks and good luck studying!

Members don't see this ad.

Living in New York City means a lot of time traveling on the subway. I've found a way to make use of that time by using the Modality flash cards I purchased in the App Store. It is not always easy to carry a full deck of cards with me, so having them stored in my iPhone makes quizzing myself on the go easy and provides a constant challenge.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am purchasing an iphone in March. What applications do you currently provide? I am looking for atlases and differential diagnosis programs. Thanks.

Hi,
I have an Ipod touch. I am super impressed with it and seriously considering getting rid of my ancient blackberry (its the nextel brick). I am working (out of school at the moment) but going back later this year. I have already downloaded the Netter's cards and some other apps and use them while at work for review just to stay fresh. I am looking forward to downloading and reviewing esp. review books w/ questions on the Ipod touch to use while waiting in line for things or when have I have an extra 5-10 mintues and dont want to lug a book or open the laptop...I am looking forward to more applications that will rival what is available for palm pilots and such....thanks.

Ps I know several other people who have an Iphone and getting ready to enter the medical field and looking for more medical study related books/reviews.

Do you have an iPhone or an iPod touch?
Yes; iPod touch 16 GB

What about your classmates & colleagues?
Most of my classmates have blackberrys (including me, and 8830 world phone, which is why I did not buy an iPhone...much better for emailing in my opinion but that's another topic :)). If there were apps for the blackberry I would also be just as interested since one-handed navigation is easier. There are some that have iPhones, but very few out of a class of 125. I would say 30-40% have a blackberry, *maybe 5% have iPhones; and the rest have various other products.
Only a few have the iPod touch

Your professors?
they all have "regular" cell phones, and I've never seen them with an iPod of any kind...

Do you use your device for studying or course preparation?
Yes!!! During the inauguration weekend. I went to the National Mall w/my family and best friend and since I had a very difficult test looming the next day (Wednesday of all days), I emailed some PDFs to myself and synced audio from lectures so I could review in the time leading up to the "main event" (if you will). My parents purchased a iPod touch compatible device as a stocking stuffer that allows me to listen to my iPod in the car. This is helpful when I end up sitting in traffic heading home to visit my family, or when running errands as I can listen to lectures en route!

Status
Not open for further replies.