GloryofGreece

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2004
Status
I am really excited about applying to BU (with my 3.3ish stats) and no MCAT...yet.
I was wondering if having an ipod with recorder recording the lecture in BU MA helps with your studies? That is just the MAIN reason i am trying to convince myself to shell out for an ipod. :p

VPDcurt

2K Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
I applied to UConn Med School and they recommend that students purchase an iPOD to record the lectures/store the lectures. I was never really one to record lectures and listen to them at a later date. It always seemed too time consuming.

MasterShakeDO

The Drizzle
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2005
Southern Cal
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I was looking into buying that plug-in. Anyone know the sound quality compared to a tape recorder? Here at Drexel they videorecord all of our lectures so I wouldn't use it for that... but I was thinking of recording my pastor's sermons this year and then med school lectures next year.
My advice. Buy an iPod anyway. I have a mini and it's the best gadget ever.

About the Ads
OP
G

GloryofGreece

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2004
Status
DO professores usually let u record lectures?
:idea:
I know some are reluctant. But yeah I will wait until the summer I go to BU to get on, make sure it is all good and stuff.

A lot of BU postbaccers use ipod for school, obvious not for music enjoyment of course.

playlist-

biochem I
Biomed II
Physiology II

that is right :)

stinkycheese

Stinky and Cheesy
15+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2004
Status
The lecture halls are huge. Unless you sit in the front row all the time, I doubt your sound quality would be worth it.

VPDcurt

2K Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
stinkycheese said:
The lecture halls are huge. Unless you sit in the front row all the time, I doubt your sound quality would be worth it.
Yeah good point. A lot of people put a recorder way up front before the lecture begins and then go grab it at the end of the lecture.

fun8stuff

*hiding from patients*
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2003
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
VPDcurt said:
Yeah good point. A lot of people put a recorder way up front before the lecture begins and then go grab it at the end of the lecture.

Do you actually listen to the whole lecture or just use it to clarify parts you misseD?

stinkycheese

Stinky and Cheesy
15+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2004
Status
VPDcurt said:
I guess that could work. The professors are mad chill. But if it was an iPod and not an obvious audio recorder, I am sure that almost every day, someone would pick it up and take it to lost and found, thinking that someone lost their iPod in the lecture hall :laugh: That, or they'd pocket it. Hee.

lightnk102

Wild Type
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2004
Status
a few friends of mine recorded all the lectures (especially the biochem ones) on their ipods. they usually sat in the first few rows or put the ipod on the table in the front of the lecture hall. there was never a problem with it, and the copies of the lectures I heard were understandable.

if you're looking for production quality recordings, you'l lhave to majorly shell out for a recorder. but if you're just looking to hear and understand the professor clearly, the ipod will be sufficient.

you'll have to buy a microphone add-on.

About the Ads