Technology ipod help

Started by Keifer
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Keifer

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a windows xp computer with usb 2.0 and everything is runnin smooth. All my usb devices work fine except my ipod. I have had troubles with it before where it was not reconized in itunes and it would crash my computer everytime i went to plug it in. I recently got that problem fixed i think 😕 even though the guy who came and "fixed" it did nothin except say "well it seems like u got a problem here", and once he left i tried to connect my ipod and it did the same thing that it had been doing before. So i thoght for get this so i just left my ipod for a week sitting next to my computer, i tried to connect it again and it was fixed 🙂 yay!....or not it has now been 3 months and it is doing the same thing and now i cant even turn it on because the apple logo comes up and then a folder with an exclamation mark beside it pops up then the ipod resets, does it again and again. I dont know what to do and i have searched all over the internet for the goddamned apple support phone number PLEASE HELP ME!!
 
Keifer,

Post your comments in the iPod section of the Apple forums: http://discussions.info.apple.com/

(look under the Digital Life hub and then choose the correct iPod forum).

You'll get an answer quickly and it will probably be the right one.

To be honest, I didn't understand your situation entirely, but I do know that I would reinstall the iPod software if I were you. There is new software available: http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/ipodupdater20050323.html

Restoring the software may fix the problem.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
southerndoc said:
Are you using a USB hub? If so, try plugging it directly into the computer instead of the hub.

I have a feeling it's a power issue. Your computer might not be providing enough power through the USB ports. If you have USB 1.1 ports as well, try one of those.

No its plugged directly into the computer i only have usb 2.0
 
ItsGavinC said:
Keifer,

Post your comments in the iPod section of the Apple forums: http://discussions.info.apple.com/

(look under the Digital Life hub and then choose the correct iPod forum).

You'll get an answer quickly and it will probably be the right one.

To be honest, I didn't understand your situation entirely, but I do know that I would reinstall the iPod software if I were you. There is new software available: http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/ipodupdater20050323.html

Restoring the software may fix the problem.

Yeah i have posted them in that apple discussions and it seems like one in three people are having the exact same problem im thinkin of sending it back....