Technology iPod Touch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nc2tarheels

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who has one? I'm wondering what size to get (8,16,32). I won't be putting music on it at all (I DL mine and won't pay for songs). I mainly want it for the applications (studying, tools, internet, etc). If I'm DLing NO MUSIC and all apps.....what size should I realistically get?
(don't recommend iPhone, I don't want AT&T) :)

Members don't see this ad.

So, you're asking about the general size of applications? They're really small, although they can vary. If you plan on using 0 multimedia, 8 gigs is more than enough. Save some money and get the cheapest one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, that's what I'm asking :)
I don't plan on putting any music on it because I could care less about that. Not to say I won't throw a vid on there once in a while, but I'd only be using it for the internet and the apps.

Then there you go. Get the cheapest one because it'll be all the space you ever need, even with some videos or music on it.

The apps barely take up any space. Usually 1 or 2 megs. The big ones may be 10 - 15 megs. 1G = 1000 megs. Even if you have references, without a lot of songs or several CD length videos you won't fill up the 8 G iPod Touch.

well don't say NO music.

check out www.spokentext.net, find some journal articles, text from online medical books, wiki articles, uptodate articles and change them to ipod format, then listen from your touch. put some med related podcasts on it.

you'd be surprised how high yield your commute can become with a little audio learning.

well don't say NO music.

check out www.spokentext.net, find some journal articles, text from online medical books, wiki articles, uptodate articles and change them to ipod format, then listen from your touch. put some med related podcasts on it.

you'd be surprised how high yield your commute can become with a little audio learning.

Thanks!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: