Irish Tuition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arb

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As Irish medical schools are limiting non-EU students and increasing domestic ones, tuition should be rising steadily.

How much has tuition increased over the years? Are tuition increases regulated so that only a certain percentage increase is allowed? It would suck to see tuition increase by 20% every year and you'll have no choice but to pay or waste all the money and time spent.

Members don't see this ad.

Arb said:
As Irish medical schools are limiting non-EU students and increasing domestic ones, tuition should be rising steadily.

How much has tuition increased over the years? Are tuition increases regulated so that only a certain percentage increase is allowed? It would suck to see tuition increase by 20% every year and you'll have no choice but to pay or waste all the money and time spent.

I can't give you specific answers because my tuition bills and things are at home in the US. They have risen steadily every year, and it won't be something as large as 20% :). When I first started in 2002, I think tuition then was nearly 18,000 euro (that was also when the EU = USD). This year, it's nearly 22,000 euro. Next time I go home, I'll try to look it up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks leorl. Too bad there is no regulating body that controls tuition increases though. The new circumstances of increasing domestic and lowering foreign students has me a bit spooked. They have to pay for this somehow.

It all sounds very good, and it would be great if they can implement it... but I'm still skeptical as to where the money and resources are going to come from seeing as how hospitals, pre-med staff and health science office administrators are already lacking. They've allocated 200 million, but where is it coming from? Is international student funding still going to be as heavily relied upon, because if so, it won't really solve things.