I'mFillingFine

Pulptastic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2005
Shuffled off....
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Just wanted to make sure. The IRM that comes in the white capsules that has to be triturated.

IRM does have eugenol in it (as well as zinc oxide, and several other ingredients.) Not sure about capsules, since the IRM in our school is a liquid/powder mix. The liquid is what has most of the eugenol in it. The only thing we triturate is amalgam and Fuji 9.

ou_jay

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2005
Oklahoma
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
They make a trituratable IRM? That would be awesome. No more forearm cramps from mixing that stuff. Seriously, mixing IRM is no fuin.

About the Ads

dheav005

keepin' it movin'
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 27, 2005
Norfolk
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
and yes, it can be found in little white capsules. really nice to have in a pinch.

I'mFillingFine

Pulptastic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2005
Shuffled off....
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Awesome! I'll have to try some. What's the texture after it's done shakin'? The only benefit of mixing yourself is if you need a particular thickness. And is it ANY less sticky and easier to place?

capisce?

ssc machine
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Awesome! I'll have to try some. What's the texture after it's done shakin'? The only benefit of mixing yourself is if you need a particular thickness. And is it ANY less sticky and easier to place?

Actually the pre-mixed capsules are very very sticky. We'll use them and have powder ready to add to it because of how sticky it is.

PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2003
Indianapolis
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
They make a trituratable IRM? That would be awesome. No more forearm cramps from mixing that stuff. Seriously, mixing IRM is no fuin.

i agree mixing IRM is no fun nor it is easy. so far i have only seen one person mix it right and to my liking at school.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.