IRM contains eugenol...right?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental916

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to make sure. The IRM that comes in the white capsules that has to be triturated.

Members don't see this ad.

Just wanted to make sure. The IRM that comes in the white capsules that has to be triturated.

IRM does have eugenol in it (as well as zinc oxide, and several other ingredients.) Not sure about capsules, since the IRM in our school is a liquid/powder mix. The liquid is what has most of the eugenol in it. The only thing we triturate is amalgam and Fuji 9.

They make a trituratable IRM? That would be awesome. No more forearm cramps from mixing that stuff. Seriously, mixing IRM is no fuin.

Members don't see this ad :)
and yes, it can be found in little white capsules. really nice to have in a pinch.

Awesome! I'll have to try some. What's the texture after it's done shakin'? The only benefit of mixing yourself is if you need a particular thickness. And is it ANY less sticky and easier to place?

Awesome! I'll have to try some. What's the texture after it's done shakin'? The only benefit of mixing yourself is if you need a particular thickness. And is it ANY less sticky and easier to place?

Actually the pre-mixed capsules are very very sticky. We'll use them and have powder ready to add to it because of how sticky it is.

They make a trituratable IRM? That would be awesome. No more forearm cramps from mixing that stuff. Seriously, mixing IRM is no fuin.

i agree mixing IRM is no fun nor it is easy. so far i have only seen one person mix it right and to my liking at school.