1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Irregular Behavior Charge

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by lydiabebo, Nov 8, 2018 at 1:46 PM.

1. lydiabebo

7+ Year Member

Hello!

I have been charged by NBME with Irregular Behavior. Is anybody in the same boat? Has anyone successfully appealed this charge? From what it seems, there's no point of presenting evidences... because they seem to have already made up their minds.

I honestly cannot believe this is happening to me! I swear on anything and everything dear to me, I DID NOT DO WHAT THEY'RE ACCUSING ME OF. Please help me..my anxiety is severe enough for me to get a MI. Any and all advice is appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bedevilled ben

bedevilled ben Classically Conditioned
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm not clear why this is on the Caribbean forums, but...

We can't help you with this. There are far too many personal details involved, and you should definitely not disclose any of that over the internet on message boards. There are avenues in place to appeal this accusation. I would recommend hiring a lawyer before you proceed.

4. bedevilled ben

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    OP I strongly encourage you to not answer this question.

5. bedevilled ben

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You're leaping to some awfully unsupported conclusions without knowing the details of OP's situation. There is no feasible way we can weigh in on this without supporting contextual evidence, and providing that evidence would be incredibly risky if OP chooses to pursue legal action, which if substantiated, is how this dispute should be decided. The Prometric testing environment is, like most theatrical security systems, very visible but far from foolproof. This is not a case that should be tried in anonymous internet troll court.

And you're a fool if you think the NBME gives a tinker's damn about you as a medical student, resident, or attending physician.

lydiabebo likes this.
  6. lydiabebo

7+ Year Member

I won't give out any more details about me. But I will say that I'm simply not guilty and have now become a scapegoat in this process because no amount of evidence from my side is being taken seriously. I'm also frustrated beyond belief from dealing with the people who had the power to revoke this charge but didn't because it looks like they've already made up their minds. I just want an insight (and don't need to know details) from someone who has successfully appealed a charge of 'Irregular Behavior.' In other words, is there any point in appealing?

7. Shinken

Shinken Family Medicine
    15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    The NBME wouldn't charge you with something like this without evidence, they need to protect themselves in the event of legal action.

You should go ahead an appeal, there's nothing to lose by appealing, and much to gain if they reverse their decision. Just realize that, as it's been said before, they have cameras that record everything.

Also, you might want to post this under "medical students", you might get more responses.

8. aProgDirector

aProgDirector Pastafarians Unite!
    Moderator SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    If you are going to pursue legal remedies, you usually must exhaust your internal appeal processes. So even if you think it's useless, you usually have to if you want to leave the option of a lawsuit open.