Irregular Behavior Charge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hello!

I have been charged by NBME with Irregular Behavior. Is anybody in the same boat? Has anyone successfully appealed this charge? From what it seems, there's no point of presenting evidences... because they seem to have already made up their minds.

I honestly cannot believe this is happening to me! I swear on anything and everything dear to me, I DID NOT DO WHAT THEY'RE ACCUSING ME OF. Please help me..my anxiety is severe enough for me to get a MI. Any and all advice is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

I have been charged by NBME with Irregular Behavior. Is anybody in the same boat? Has anyone successfully appealed this charge? From what it seems, there's no point of presenting evidences... because they seem to have already made up their minds.

I honestly cannot believe this is happening to me! I swear on anything and everything dear to me, I DID NOT DO WHAT THEY'RE ACCUSING ME OF. Please help me..my anxiety is severe enough for me to get a MI. Any and all advice is appreciated.

I'm not clear why this is on the Caribbean forums, but...

We can't help you with this. There are far too many personal details involved, and you should definitely not disclose any of that over the internet on message boards. There are avenues in place to appeal this accusation. I would recommend hiring a lawyer before you proceed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya I agree, must have had notes on them or something

There are like 50 cameras on you at prometric, crazy people think they can game the system

I'm gonna go ahead and Kavanaugh this guy and assume he is guilty, thinking NBME could ruin someones career before it starts w/o reason isn't something I'm willing to believe.

You're leaping to some awfully unsupported conclusions without knowing the details of OP's situation. There is no feasible way we can weigh in on this without supporting contextual evidence, and providing that evidence would be incredibly risky if OP chooses to pursue legal action, which if substantiated, is how this dispute should be decided. The Prometric testing environment is, like most theatrical security systems, very visible but far from foolproof. This is not a case that should be tried in anonymous internet troll court.

And you're a fool if you think the NBME gives a tinker's damn about you as a medical student, resident, or attending physician.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not clear why this is on the Caribbean forums, but...

We can't help you with this. There are far too many personal details involved, and you should definitely not disclose any of that over the internet on message boards. There are avenues in place to appeal this accusation. I would recommend hiring a lawyer before you proceed.

I won't give out any more details about me. But I will say that I'm simply not guilty and have now become a scapegoat in this process because no amount of evidence from my side is being taken seriously. I'm also frustrated beyond belief from dealing with the people who had the power to revoke this charge but didn't because it looks like they've already made up their minds. I just want an insight (and don't need to know details) from someone who has successfully appealed a charge of 'Irregular Behavior.' In other words, is there any point in appealing?

The NBME wouldn't charge you with something like this without evidence, they need to protect themselves in the event of legal action.

You should go ahead an appeal, there's nothing to lose by appealing, and much to gain if they reverse their decision. Just realize that, as it's been said before, they have cameras that record everything.

Also, you might want to post this under "medical students", you might get more responses.

If you are going to pursue legal remedies, you usually must exhaust your internal appeal processes. So even if you think it's useless, you usually have to if you want to leave the option of a lawsuit open.

Reactions: 1 user
The NBME wouldn't charge you with something like this without evidence, they need to protect themselves in the event of legal action.

You should go ahead an appeal, there's nothing to lose by appealing, and much to gain if they reverse their decision. Just realize that, as it's been said before, they have cameras that record everything.

Also, you might want to post this under "medical students", you might get more responses.

This has nothing to do with cameras! Again, I can't talk much about it... all I can say is my something in my laptop messed up. I'm trying to explain my case to them, but seems as though they don't want to hear me out. Also, in the entire history of NBME, if they've ever made a mistake of charging someone of "irregular behavior" who in reality is innocent, THAT PERSON IS ME! If anybody has succesfully appealed their case, please just let me know. I don't want to know details about your case... just that your charge was revoked when you appealed. I am just trying to figure out if this who appeal thing is a sham...

If you are going to pursue legal remedies, you usually must exhaust your internal appeal processes. So even if you think it's useless, you usually have to if you want to leave the option of a lawsuit open.

I'm definitely going to pursue legal means if they don't hear me out of my re-appeal. I still can't even believe that I'm THIS unlucky!