IRREGULAR BEHAVIOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

herpetophobia

Reaction score
If anybody has been charged with USMLE Irregular behavior, please DM me!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
We need details.

Sorry, can't give out details for obvious reasons. All I can say from my own experience is that the Committee that handles these cases seems to not care if the student actually is guilty. They seem to care more about pleasing the NBME.

If anybody has experience with the charge of 'Irregular Behavior,' please DM me. I am specifically looking to know two things:

1. Does Committee who finalizes whether or not you have engaged in irregular behavior act fairly? As far as I am aware, they are paid for by NBME itself. Isn't this a conflict of interest? Wouldn't they just do whatever NBME is indicating them to do i.e. charge a student with irregular behavior regardless of the truth?

2. Have you or anybody you know been charged with Irregular behavior who able to SUCCESSFULLY APPEAL the charge?

Thank you in advance.

We need some details to advise you...

If you were farting like a howitzer and the student next to you vomited then you can rest assured you can successfully appeal that on the grounds of a medical issue and not gaseous warfare. If you pulled a notecard out of your pocket mid test and ran your finger down it as you were reading it that will be harder to appeal...

Reactions: 8 users

If you were farting like a howitzer and the student next to you vomited then you can rest assured you can successfully appeal that on the grounds of a medical issue and not gaseous warfare. If you pulled a notecard out of your pocket mid test and ran your finger down it as you were reading it that will be harder to appeal...
Check your DM

Lol this was a fun read. Accidentally woke up my husband laughing at your examples.

Reactions: 4 users
Just for information, irregular behavior always has to do with something that happens during the exam at the prometric center, correct?

I think there was a similar thread on here a year or two ago. If I recall, the student had ADHD or some other issue that made sitting still difficult... Maybe their neighbor was doing something distracting? Anyone else remember that one?

Might have been a regular college test though --