Is 100k+ too much debt for DPT school?

Started by johnfree7
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

johnfree7

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm thinking about PT school but the debt has me worried. Based on where I live coupling in Undergrad debt I would owe close to 100k in student loans. Is this doable?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm thinking about PT school but the debt has me worried. Based on where I live coupling in Undergrad debt I would owe close to 100k in student loans. Is this doable?

Hey,

I've applied for my DPT and just thought you should know I'll be close to, if not over 100k in debt. That counts undergraduate. Just be smart with your career path, and wise with your money, you'll be able to pay it off. I just finished a 600 hour internship with a few PTs and they were around that too debt wise. No worries, don't let that be the reason you don't apply!