is 18 on QR a decent score?

Started by y2077
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

y2077

Membership Revoked
Removed
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently took the dat and received the following scores:
PAT:21
QR:18
RC:22
BIO:23
GC:24
OC:30
TS:25
AA:23

I was wondering if my QR score would have a negative impact on my application. I also have a 3.85 cgpa and a 4.0 sgpa.
 
I recently took the dat and received the following scores:
PAT:21
QR:18
RC:22
BIO:23
GC:24
OC:30
TS:25
AA:23

I was wondering if my QR score would have a negative impact on my application. I also have a 3.85 cgpa and a 4.0 sgpa.
Read this post, this student received a 16 in QR and already received 3 interviews, you have no worries.
Congratulations on your fantastic scores and that 30 in Orgo


Nancy, co/owner/Orgoman, DAT Destroyer
 
No you're fine. I think cutoff for schools are usually 15 at some, 17 at others. And that's if they even have a QR cutoff.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My coworker got a 15 QR and was admitted her first cycle.

I agree with AppalachianDentalBoy it is quite possible to get in with a 15 in QR, just depends on school and other factors.
Many students we have worked with have gotten in with a 15 in QR, BUT the other sections were very high and they had a great GPA to match. Most schools cutoff is below 15.

Nancy, co/owner, DAT Destroyer, orgoman