Is 2 Months While On Rotations Enough Time To Study For The Comlex 2 Ck??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

datchado

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
My school requires that we complete the COMLEX CK and PE exam by December 1 this year. I will probably take the PE exam in November.

I know many of my classmates are taking the month of August off to study but I am already committed to do a rotation during that month. Months Sept - November, I will be doing subIs or interviewing.....so that leaves me with taking the exam during the month of August. I will be doing a rural rotation at this time and hopefully will not be on call and have weekends off but not sure yet. So my question, can one prepare for the Boards while on rotations. I am currently on psy and then do family practice, and then have about a week at my school for some required classes and a week off and then off to a rural rotation. In preparing for step 1, it was nice to have a few weeks of concentrated time without anything else but so far my schedule is not looking to good...any advice or was anyone else in the same predicament and did well anyway?:confused:

Thanks,
d
ps for where I am going to take it, the availabletimes are either August 3 or 26, 27, or 28.:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

You will probably be fine as long as you're not working 12-16 hours days with no days off. Get a few hours of studying in every day and use the standard materials which people list to use in the forums and you make it through it. You should be good to go.