Is 4 weeks of studying after finals not enough time??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saradoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school/deans told us that 4 weeks of just boards studying after finals will be sufficient. I feel like I should trust them since we have a pretty high boards average each year, but does that sound way too short? This gives me abt 12 days off between boards and rotations, which im sure is good to stay sane. We also have a Path miniboard made by the national boards company, so hopefully this is good preparation as well....am i nuts?

Members don't see this ad.

4 weeks should be more than enough time to REVIEW board material as long as you already have a decent grasp of all material. 2.5-3 weeks of solid book review + q's from UW and .5-1 week of FA wrap-up review + more UW q's should do the trick.

Best of luck

4 weeks is probably enough if you go all out. IMO most people will begin to peak around week 4 and those who take longer will see diminishing returns on their studying. If you're not an excellent student during 2nd year however you might want to use the prior 4 weeks to do some light review.

I went from an nbme 214 on day 0 to a 247 at just about week 4. I think at about this point many of my classmates also began to worry about the flattening curve in their scores. I spent another 2 weeks studying and while I did better on the real thing I'm not sure I would have any less well with one week less of studying.

4 weeks to spend with dedicated review time & to take the exam before rotations start is plenty. Presumably, you'd be doing review well before then, so a few weeks of strictly boards is plenty.