Deleted Post

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FrostedStudent07

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted Text

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
For TMSDAS my advisor is insistent that I apply early for "rolling" admissions. I am confident that I'll do well on the MCAT if I take it in early June. I'll have the entire June to work on the application while waiting for my results in July. Is it really that bad?
Applying early, which means submitting your primary TMDSAS application, is very important for TMDSAS.
Your plan to focus on the June MCAT, then work on the application after you have taken it, makes sense to me.
You can submit your application in June to be verified while waiting for your MCAT score. The MCAT score is not necessary for TMDSAS to work on verifying your application.

While "rolling" admissions is a misnomer in Texas, the earliest you could hear of an admission offer is October 15th.

In the most recent stats published by TMDSAS,
Applicants submitting (the primary app) in :
May got 29% of the interviews
June got 38% of the interviews
July got 19% of the interviews
August got 7% of the interviews
September got 6% of the interviews
October got 1% of the interviews (deadline that year was October 1)

If earlier is better, why didn't May submitters get the most? Possibly rushed completion of the app, or possibly May submitters include a lot of reapplicants from recent unsuccessful cycles. Time taken to do good essays is also important.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Applying early, which means submitting your primary TMDSAS application, is very important for TMDSAS.
Your plan to focus on the June MCAT, then work on the application after you have taken it, makes sense to me.
You can submit your application in June to be verified while waiting for your MCAT score. The MCAT score is not necessary for TMDSAS to work on verifying your application.

While "rolling" admissions is a misnomer in Texas, the earliest you could hear of an admission offer is October 15th.

In the most recent stats published by TMDSAS,
Applicants submitting (the primary app) in :
May got 29% of the interviews
June got 38% of the interviews
July got 19% of the interviews
August got 7% of the interviews
September got 6% of the interviews
October got 1% of the interviews (deadline that year was October 1)

If earlier is better, why didn't May submitters get the most? Possibly rushed completion of the app, or possibly May submitters include a lot of reapplicants from recent unsuccessful cycles. Time taken to do good essays is also important.
OR, maybe there are just fewer applications in May as compared to June! :)

May getting 29% while June gets 38% is fascinating, but the truly relevant metric is what % of May apps received IIs vs. June. Do you have access to that information, because that really holds to key to the answer as to whether there is an advantage to submitting in May? Given how close May and June are, there is probably little difference between the two, but, I'd hesitate before saying later (June) is better than earlier (May) without that missing piece. Also, given how sharp the drop is in July, I'd bet early June is preferable to late June.

OR, maybe there are just fewer applications in May as compared to June! :)

May getting 29% while June gets 38% is fascinating, but the truly relevant metric is what % of May apps received IIs vs. June. Do you have access to that information, because that really holds to key to the answer as to whether there is an advantage to submitting in May? Given how close May and June are, there is probably little difference between the two, but, I'd hesitate before saying later (June) is better than earlier (May) without that missing piece. Also, given how sharp the drop is in July, I'd bet early June is preferable to late June.
Submitting when you are ready and have a nice application, without leaving out anything important, is the time to submit.
You are not able to go back in to the app portal and enter more activities you forgot about after you submit, for example.
Some June submitters might be waiting to see their MCAT score before hitting submit.

These numbers don't include the motives of who submitted when, so I have no more info on the whys.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Submitting when you are ready and have a nice application, without leaving out anything important, is the time to submit.
You are not able to go back in to the app portal and enter more activities you forgot about after you submit, for example.
Some June submitters might be waiting to see their MCAT score before hitting submit.

These numbers don't include the motives of who submitted when, so I have no more info on the whys.
I totally understand and definitely am following this advice myself. The interesting question raised by the data you posted is whether June submitters are really more likely to score IIs than May? The answer comes down to how the ratio of May:June submitters compares to May:June IIs. If TMDSAS makes the submission numbers available, we'd have the answer. Just based on what you posted, though, it looks like any submission before July will not be at a disadvantage.