Is a month a half enough time to study for the OAT

PhillyGirl97

Reaction score
I was thinking of taking mine mid august so would that be enough time from now to study and get a really good score?

Members don't see this ad.

I would say yes, but it depends on how dedicated you are to studying! I just took the OAT yesterday, and it went well. I got my Kaplan book in April and reviewed a little, but didn’t start studying hard until school got out in May. So I studied for about a month and a half. I would highly recommend using Chads videos and quizzes as your primary resource and then using Kaplan for back-up and review. Kaplan is good review, but Chads gives you strategies and review that is very applicable to the test. I will be making a post about my experience and will go further into details there, but Chad is a lifesaver. The test is much easier than the Kaplan practice tests and about the same as the free ADA exam. You got this. Good luck studying!

Reactions: 2 users
I would say yes, but it depends on how dedicated you are to studying! I just took the OAT yesterday, and it went well. I got my Kaplan book in April and reviewed a little, but didn’t start studying hard until school got out in May. So I studied for about a month and a half. I would highly recommend using Chads videos and quizzes as your primary resource and then using Kaplan for back-up and review. Kaplan is good review, but Chads gives you strategies and review that is very applicable to the test. I will be making a post about my experience and will go further into details there, but Chad is a lifesaver. The test is much easier than the Kaplan practice tests and about the same as the free ADA exam. You got this. Good luck studying!

I'm taking my OAT July and would love to hear your experience and your scores on practice exams vs. on the real!

I'm taking my OAT July and would love to hear your experience and your scores on practice exams vs. on the real!

I just posted my full experience in a new thread! I hope you find it helpful. Please let me know if you have specific questions. I would love to help. You got this!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you so much for your advice!! i'll be using it to study for sure :)