Is AADSAS lying to me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nob01001

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is AADSAS lying to me? Aadsas reived my LOR's Nov. 7th and the supposedly "mailed" the LOR's on Nov 21st. Not a single school received them. When I call aadsas they claim that the schools probably have received but are just to slow to check their mail. Is AADSAS bulls****ting me? Anyone one else have/had similar experiences?

Sadly, my chances of being accepted are diminishing due to a delay in LOR's.

Members don't see this ad.

I am not sure, but I think AADSAS provides everything you send to them electronically to schools. So, if the case may be the school not receiving the physical LOR's, they might still be able to obtain them through AADSAS.

Typically, AADSAS spends 3 weeks to process LOR's, and then mail them out to schools - which could take another 2 additional weeks, depending on the weather.

Good luck

They aren't lying to you. Usually if there are problems it is with the school losing something rather than AADSAS. I had a problem at NYU, they never got my recs for some reason. I called AADSAS and they said they sent it out but that they would send it out again. I believed AADSAS, considering how disorganized NYU dental is. It does take a while for your schools to get everything though, my stuff took a long time, but that's why it's best to get your app. ready to go in the summer. Good luck, and don't worry they should get your app any day now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I won't be the first to say that AADSAS does lie. Christina at Arizona told me that many students were told by AADSAS that letters were sent overnight, but when they came, they arived as standard mail. I contacted them 4 times in total asking them to re-send my letters and each time, they told me they had been overnighted. The schools never got them and after 8 weeks of waiting, I just had the proffs send them in personaly. It was a really horrible experience... but fortunately everything worked out. If I were you, I wouldn't rely on AADSAS to hold true... have your proffs send them in and send a signed note to each school telling them you havn't looked at any of them (since they won't get the matching forms). Trust me... if you have your evaluators send the letters in the next couple of days, they will get to the schools before AADSAS ever gets around to it. Arizona also told me that they are recieving a very large number of complaints about AADSAS this year.

Good Luck
-Dan

I dont think they lie....just somehow their mailing system is the speed of the pony express.

deebog01 said:
I won't be the first to say that AADSAS does lie. Christina at Arizona told me that many students were told by AADSAS that letters were sent overnight, but when they came, they arived as standard mail.

Who the hell is Christina?

Whether AADSAS is lying or not, we all agree that they are slow as hell and.....OFF with its HEAD :smuggrin:

Ok Ok...just venting out some stress that I would normally let off at my mail man....

Seriousley, AADSAS needs competition. It would be cool if there where another group we could choose to send in our apps. That way there would be competition which is very healthly and beneficial for us the consumers. I'm not an econ major but I still can see that happening.

Anyways good luck to all !!!

ItsGavinC said:
Who the hell is Christina?

She doesn't work at the school. She works in at the application processing center for Arizona. She's the one they tell you to call for all concerns pertaining to your application.

-Dan