Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.

Is AAMC III a poor indicator?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by ancientmd, Aug 4, 2002.

1. I just took this and thought the verbal was different and the sciences were easier.... Anyone else think the verbal was somewhat hard/ambigous?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. i found aamc 3 verbal is be easier than aamc 5 and 6, and the science to be a bit harder.

anyone else have any opinions?

4. rCubed

rCubed taiko master

i thought as a whole, number III was harder, i went down six points total from AAMC V to AAMC III. the verbal wasn't that bad, but i think the science was a little nit-picky

5. limit

limit Molesting my inner-child

Subtract 6 points from your AAMC III score and that should give you a rough gauge as to how well you should perform on test day, assuming luck goes your way.

6. limit

Kidding :eek:

Relax folks, think of it this way. If you go over the solution to every problem, you have the same starting knowledge base with regards to the aamc problems as anyone else (assuming you score isn't outrageously low). It's all about learning... Athletes don't set world records during training, they save that for test (ie, race) day.

7. rCubed

rCubed taiko master

lol, i read that and i was like:wow:

8. heehee =D that was funny...

seriously though, verbal was easier, i think verbal is the one that fluctuates the most, at least for me, because if i get interesting passages, i do well, if not, i can barely finish...

9. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

My real score was one point higher than my AAMC III test. :)

10. limit

Thems fightin' words. :D

11. Doctor Octopus

Doctor Octopus Hospitalist

Resident [Any Field]
    Mine was one point lower.