Is Academic Update necessary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

annahello

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm already accepted to the pharmacy school of my choice. I was wondering if we STILL need to do the academic update and send in the transcripts to pharmCAS even when I'm accepted already? PharmCAS won't be able to send in the transcripts to schools anyways right? I tried contacting my school 5 days ago but they haven't replied and email is their only way of communicating.... It's just a big hassle and cost to send everything to PharmCAS again.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm already accepted to the pharmacy school of my choice. I was wondering if we STILL need to do the academic update and send in the transcripts to pharmCAS even when I'm accepted already? PharmCAS won't be able to send in the transcripts to schools anyways right? I tried contacting my school 5 days ago but they haven't replied and email is their only way of communicating.... It's just a big hassle and cost to send everything to PharmCAS again.

The schools typically provide explicit instructions.

Not sure, but you only need to send 1 transcript from the school you took courses at during Fall 2012.

Members don't see this ad :)
I often live by the saying "I'd rather be safe than sorry." This, for me, would be a good situation to apply that to. After all the work you did to get into pharmacy school, you don't want to potentially cause complications in the future. That's how I would look at it. :)

I often live by the saying "I'd rather be safe than sorry." This, for me, would be a good situation to apply that to. After all the work you did to get into pharmacy school, you don't want to potentially cause complications in the future. That's how I would look at it. :)

Amen to this.