Is adding a 5th LoR too much?

UnPocoLoco

Apr 27, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey all. I currently have 4 LoR for my upcoming application. (2 Science, 1 Non-Sci, 1 DO in order to check the requirements for most schools.) However, I was also interested in adding an additional letter, but I wasn't sure if it would be seen as excessive.

Specifically, I was planning on getting a letter from the director of a Latinx organization I was president in. A lot of my application/personal statement is centered around my dedication to Latino health. Do you think it would be good to include a 5th letter in this case or would it just be seen as unnecessary since it's not fulfilling any requirement from schools?

futurexray

7+ Year Member
May 14, 2013
  1. Other Health Professions Student
Definitely not too much. It is really those who want to send upwards of 8 or more when adcoms get +/- 10,000 apps. Trying to get through just the required material is quite a job.

Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
  1. Non-Student
Hey all. I currently have 4 LoR for my upcoming application. (2 Science, 1 Non-Sci, 1 DO in order to check the requirements for most schools.) However, I was also interested in adding an additional letter, but I wasn't sure if it would be seen as excessive.

Specifically, I was planning on getting a letter from the director of a Latinx organization I was president in. A lot of my application/personal statement is centered around my dedication to Latino health. Do you think it would be good to include a 5th letter in this case or would it just be seen as unnecessary since it's not fulfilling any requirement from schools?
Have mercy on us who have to read these things. More is not better

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.