There you go, if you can't have an argument and use logic and facts, then you are just making stuff up. You are a member of the biggest club in America. Pharmacists who invent rules to follow that do not exist, except in your imagination.
Here is my scenario, you blanket refuse to fill a seizure medication because the MD is a specialist and the patient has a seizure.
Your scenario is the MD (father of the patient, who by the way has to be certified by IPLEDGE before he can prescribe) falsifies IPLEDGE reporting that certifies a pregnancy test was done in the last seven days The patient his daughter also went to the IPLEDGE site and certified she had a pregnancy test in the last seven days and is using two methods of birth control. Now the daughter gets pregnant and you will be sued and cited by the board because he is a surgeon with valid license to practice in his state and you did not determine that both the Doctor and the patient falsified their information in IPLEDGE.
I'll leave it to the audience to decide what scenario is more fanciful. Is Robert Muller investigating you too? You seem to like alternate facts.
I'll post these in big letters so that maybe you can actually read what I'm writing and what I've written more than once.
It is legal for any MD to write any prescription for any medication.
It is not a good idea if the medication is high risk, such as a C-II.
Just because something is legal doesn't make it a good idea.
It has nothing to do with Scope of Practice.
It has nothing to do with any rule or law.
Was that Reader's Digest-y enough for you? I don't know why you can't stop bringing up points I never made.
Do you need a nap?
Again, I'll point out once again that a pharmacist has absolutely zero duty to fill any prescription, seizure medicine or not.
If that were the case, patients could demand medications without paying anything and sue the pharmacy if they were refused the med.
You are willfully ignorant of the concept of duty at this point.
It would take you maybe 5 minutes to look up and understand.
You are literally responding to the portion of my post where I criticize you for not understanding that no, a pharmacist does not have a duty to provide
any prescription.
The fact that you're arguing that I should have filled the Claravis prescription is mind boggling.
I, for one, am a professional with a working brain, and I have a conscience.
I suppose I could give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you just didn't read or comprehend the post.
Literally all of your posts could be applied to red flags for opioids.
"How do you know the patient isn't being prescribed Xanax and Oxy 30 for a valid reason? What does it matter that the clinic is 3 hours away from your pharmacy.
The doctor has a valid DEA number and wrote the prescription"
Your argument is so one dimensional that you can't wrap your head around the fact that I'm promoting critical thought and careful consideration of prescriptions.
Not a single time have I said that it's against a rule, law, regulation, blood pact, or writ madmaxus.
Not all of us are CVS drones without the ability to reason. I don't have a district manager that does all of my thinking for me, so I'm able to make logical conclusions.