Is AMCAS sending my applications to schools i didn't apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Milhouse Van Houten

Reaction score
i received a notification from mich state that they received my preliminary info from AMCAS. problem is, i did not apply here!
here is also something crazy, they want $55 so they can decide if they want to send you a secondary! so what the hell was the $30 primary fee for? wasn't that for anything? they won't even look at my app until they get the $55, and then i'm not even guaranteed a secondary (this is not like vandy used to be, where a secondary=interview). tell me, what was teh $30 for if they won't even look at my app? i thought the primary fee covered the decision to send out a secondary, and the secondary fee covered the decision to review the material. what a bunch of crap.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd double check the return email address to see if it matches the admissions office's website email address. A little sarcasm in there, but seriously I just can't think of any med school in the US being so ridiculous in their practices and procedures. Please tell me you found out someone was playing a practical joke on you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Strange. If you want to share what school it is I'm sure we would all be interested. It sounds like a chain letter type letter. Are you really sure it is real.
I would call the school and ask what it is all about. Either that or I wouldn't do anything, you didn't apply there so trash it.

Amy Beth, If I'm not mistaken I think he wrote Michigan State in his post.