Is Anesthesia holistic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Playarrz

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My friend and I were having an argument...he stated that Anesthesia is holistic...I argued the contrary. Can you guys come up with examples supporting either argument?

Definition of holistic:
Holistic medicine is a system of health care which fosters a cooperative relationship among all those involved, leading towards optimal attainment of the physical, mental emotional, social and spiritual aspects of health.

It emphasizes the need to look at the whole person, including analysis of physical, nutritional, environmental, emotional, social, spiritual and lifestyle values. It encompasses all stated modalities of diagnosis and treatment including drugs and surgery if no safe alternative exists. Holistic medicine focuses on education and responsibility for personal efforts to achieve balance and well being.

Members don't see this ad.

Playarrz said:
My friend and I were having an argument...he stated that Anesthesia is holistic...I argued the contrary. Can you guys come up with examples supporting either argument?

Definition of holistic:
Holistic medicine is a system of health care which fosters a cooperative relationship among all those involved, leading towards optimal attainment of the physical, mental emotional, social and spiritual aspects of health.

It emphasizes the need to look at the whole person, including analysis of physical, nutritional, environmental, emotional, social, spiritual and lifestyle values. It encompasses all stated modalities of diagnosis and treatment including drugs and surgery if no safe alternative exists. Holistic medicine focuses on education and responsibility for personal efforts to achieve balance and well being.

Are you serious?