Is anyone applying to Texas schools??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mamma dentist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys, i turned in my application rite around the dealine, took my DATs on October 25th, got decent scores, AA 20 and TS of 21. The TMDSAS have received everything they need but have not heard from any school for an interview. Was i too late for this cycle. And, the thing is i have applied only to TX dental schools. I am quite worried, is anyone in the same situation or has been in the same situation.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to be the one to tell you this, but you are way too late to be applying to this cycle. I suspect that you would need a phenomenal DAT/GPA to even receive an interview with any school. First wave of interviews have already gone out, and acceptances start on Dec. 1st. AADSAS opened its doors on May 15th this year, and most applicants had everything in by late july or august. If I were you, I would have everything in by early June because admissions is done on a first come basis. However, your DAT scores look good, and if you have a competitive GPA as well (3.5+ science GPA), you have a strong chance of gaining admission for next cycle. Make sure you have dental, research, and volunteer experience as well to pad your application.

Good luck!

Guys, i turned in my application rite around the dealine, took my DATs on October 25th, got decent scores, AA 20 and TS of 21. The TMDSAS have received everything they need but have not heard from any school for an interview. Was i too late for this cycle. And, the thing is i have applied only to TX dental schools. I am quite worried, is anyone in the same situation or has been in the same situation.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=519221&page=14