Is anyone else breaking out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kiahs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't believe this I look like a pepperoni pizza, the last time this happend I was like fifteen. I don't even really feel that stressed out but I guess my body decides that not me. I keep trying to tell myself that everything is fine and thus far I thought it was what they heck. Geez! I hope this goes away.

Members don't see this ad.

Facewashing is key. I accomplish this while I'm in the shower!

You're pushing your body past its limits whether you know it or not. Don't worry it will clear up in the aftermath :thumbup:, just concentrate on studying now, it's completely worth it.

Btw, telling someone who's breaking out to wash their face is like telling an obese person to eat less :rolleyes:.

Members don't see this ad :)
i am getting so fat i went from the skinny girl "crack" as my best friend called me to the ..well not thin at ALL girl with a TUMMY....have acidity issues from stress and i haveto live on ice cream bah!
i gained 20+ lbs since january thanks to a 19 credit semester and summer classes, work and mcat...i have a huge trainer program starting on the 15th though..yay i cant wait :(
i bought my interview outfit in my old size as a motivation/threat :)

yeah, I don't think it's about face washing I haven't changed anything is that department. It's the stress. I gained weight too! It'll all be over soon.

IndyZX said:
Facewashing is key. I accomplish this while I'm in the shower!

So is peeing...I also accomplish this in the shower.

not sure what that might have to do with acne, but it might explain the fungus on my feet

i've been peeing in the shower ever since i saw the skit on mad tv about how to save time in your morning routine. They also went as far as to say that you should eat and dress on your drive to work, but that one didn't work out so well.

seinfeld discussed this as well, my freinds in the dorm pee in the sinks in their rooms cuz their too lazy to walk to the community bathrooms, i think its gross! but the shower peeing i can see =p.

Yeah, I mean I do aim right for the drain and all of the soap and shampoo rinsing off your body has to keep the floor pretty clean...right?!

DieselPetrolGrl said:
i am getting so fat i went from the skinny girl "crack" as my best friend called me to the ..well not thin at ALL girl with a TUMMY....have acidity issues from stress and i haveto live on ice cream bah!
i gained 20+ lbs since january thanks to a 19 credit semester and summer classes, work and mcat...i have a huge trainer program starting on the 15th though..yay i cant wait :(
i bought my interview outfit in my old size as a motivation/threat :)

Yeah, what is that??? I've gained 15-20 lbs too... I absolutely DON'T have time to go to the Y anymore... ugh. I was so close to my goal, too. Then, I'll have to make up classes at night throughout the next school year to make sure I catch up on some missed requirements... heck, I should cancel my Y membership and stop throwing $$ down the toilet. Maybe I should pull my old exercise tapes out and start using them again...

kiahs said:
yeah, I don't think it's about face washing I haven't changed anything is that department. It's the stress. I gained weight too! It'll all be over soon.

I didn't say you changed anything in that department, I just said to wash your face more often than normal if it's breaking out. Stress can cause some people (me for one) to secrete more oil than normal, thus washing your face more often might help.

my face has been breaking out recently too... but think about it this way... "you're face gets better... you're MCAT score does not..."

all this brings up something i've been pondering about... are you supposed to wash your face with cold or warm water? what about when shaving?

DrJohnSez said:
my face has been breaking out recently too... but think about it this way... "you're face gets better... you're MCAT score does not..."

all this brings up something i've been pondering about... are you supposed to wash your face with cold or warm water? what about when shaving?

Warm water opens up the pores and cold water closes them.

So...

When washing your face, splash/rinse with nice warm water and then wash. When you are done, rinse with cold water to close up them pores!

Shaving...you want to splash with warm water to open up the pores and soften up the hairs, thus making it easier/less painfull to shave. If you really want to get fancy, you can buy one of those hot lather things :D