Is Biochemistry II used in optometry school?

Started by Tophu
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tophu

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, I'm a senior in undergrad and getting ready to schedule for spring semester. Would taking biochemistry II be a good class to prepare me for optometry school? Or is it a worthless class?

They always recommend it for pre-med kids. I was wondering if applies to preoptometry as well?

The course description says metabolism, nucleic acids, and protein synthesis.

I was accepted in UHCO and I don't see any specific biochemistry courses in the curriculum. But maybe it'll sneak into a physiology class.


Thanks in advanced!!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd skip it. You're only going to be taking one semester of biochemistry in OD school unless its changed. I'd suggest taking a business course or nutrition class since these will actually benefit you in practice.
 
I'd skip it. You're only going to be taking one semester of biochemistry in OD school unless its changed. I'd suggest taking a business course or nutrition class since these will actually benefit you in practice.
Thank you so much! I think I'll do that.