Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Is Collin's Bio too easy?

Discussion in 'PCAT Discussions' started by glencoco, Aug 24, 2015.

1. glencoco

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi everyone!

I'm studying dr Collin's Bio practice test and seem to be doing really well in them. I'm finding them to be too easy and i'm not sure if it's because I have a BS in bio, or Collin's bio isn't detailed/hard enough compared to the real thing. any thoughts?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Ph4rmacistJ

Ph4rmacistJ "We'll have it ready in about an hour"
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    According to numerous people on the forum, if you already have a basis of the numerous factors involved with biology, chances are that you'll find it easy. However, Collins does do an excellent job at shining in terms of mathematics, chemistry, and biology. In my personal opinion, I've found the biology review sufficient, but have yet to compare with the Pearson practice exams.

4. parikhjash

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    When I was studying two months ago, I felt the notes in the bio package wasn't enough for anyone who had no basic knowledge in biology. If you are doing well on the practice tests, then you are definitely prepared for the Pearson practice test/actual test.

5. Holden_McGroin

Pharmacy Student
    the biology thing in Collins are always on the PCAT, but Collins does assume you already have at least freshman biology down. the notes are sort of the extra stuff. Try the practice test, they are about the same/slightly easier than the real thing.

6. OSUbuckys

Pharmacy Student
    i dont believe so.