Is Columbia all that???

Started by Jabba
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jabba

beezer
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was recently accepted to Columbia School of Dental and Oral Surgery. I know that Columbia is a great school if you want to specialize, but is it worth $57K a year? How did you like the student enviroment? Any thoughts will help!!

Thanks!
 
Hi,

Do you mind posting your stats and activities.? If you want to specialize and you need a school that has a reputation go to columbia. Most schools will run you 35 -60,000/year. You live in NYC and that is an added bonus. Columbia is definately my top choice on the East coast next year when I apply. However, please post your stats so I can stay on target. Mine are:

-3.4/3.3 science
-Research Experience in Neurological Surgery
-Volunteering in Several dental clinics
-Over 2,000 hours work experience in the medical environment.
-DAT's: will be taking them in JUNE 2002.

Please let me know what you think, I am trying to get more experience in the different specialties especially pedo/and endo. Thanks in advance. 😀