Is DAT achiever THAT hard?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentist2be

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok.. my DAT is coming up and I studied a hell of a lot.. But then why am I getting 17/16/17 (bio/gchem/ochem) :scared: on DAT achiever?? How should I translate this? (in terms of the score I would get on the real one..)

Members don't see this ad.

Dentist2be said:
ok.. my DAT is coming up and I studied a hell of a lot.. But then why am I getting 17/16/17 (bio/gchem/ochem) :scared: on DAT achiever?? How should I translate this? (in terms of the score I would get on the real one..)

I'm about to find out.

Dentist2be said:

translation: you are doing very well!

DATachiever is much harder but a great practice and study tool. If you are getting 17's on the science sections you should do very well on the real test.

When I did DATachiever I was getting 17's 18's in the science sections and got 22/21/21 (bio/gchem/ochem) on the real test.

good luck!

howui3 said:
translation: you are doing very well!

DATachiever is much harder but a great practice and study tool. If you are getting 17's on the science sections you should do very well on the real test.

When I did DATachiever I was getting 17's 18's in the science sections and got 22/21/21 (bio/gchem/ochem) on the real test.

good luck!

Thanks howui! I was getting a little too nervous because of that. Your comments made me feel A LOT better. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Dentist2be said:
Thanks howui! I was getting a little too nervous because of that. Your comments made me feel A LOT better. :)

Make sure to spend A LOT of time reviewing the worng answers, and read all the explanations.

Also spend A LOT of time looking at the PAT, see why you missed them, again review why the other choices were wrong.

good luck.

Dentist2be said:

same here 17/17/17

howui3 said:
Make sure to spend A LOT of time reviewing the worng answers, and read all the explanations.

Also spend A LOT of time looking at the PAT, see why you missed them, again review why the other choices were wrong.

good luck.

I have definitely been reviewing all the wrong answers from the science sections but sort of neglecting the ones from the PAT. I think I should review those thoroughly as well. Thanks for your advice!