is DAT Bootcamp required?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted980501

Hi,

New to forum but have heard about it for a while now.
Started studying for DAT about two weeks ago and planning to take exam end of May.
So far I've used Chad's videos and CliffAP Bio and was planning to move onto Destroyer when done with content.

Since I have just ~45days left until I take the exam is it worth paying for 3months of DAT Bootcamp service? I e-mailed and they only offer 3month purchases so I'm wondering if its worth using bootcamp at this point.

Seems like everyone and their mother from this site has used bootcamp... Has it become a requirement for DAT now?

Members don't see this ad.

Taking the DAT without batbootcamp is like taking an exam with your eyes closed. Its really good studying material to study off of in a set amount of time.

Email the datbootcamp guys to try and sell you 1 month subscription or something. They do offer 1 month extensions for people who buy it. If they don't agree tell em, you will just buy someone elses membership for the month. Money talks and should get the job done ;)

Taking the DAT without batbootcamp is like taking an exam with your eyes closed. Its really good studying material to study off of in a set amount of time.

Email the datbootcamp guys to try and sell you 1 month subscription or something. They do offer 1 month extensions for people who buy it. If they don't agree tell em, you will just buy someone elses membership for the month. Money talks and should get the job done ;)

Lmao, so NOT true. Is Bootcamp paying you to promote their product here? lol OP don't trust anyone that hypes up DATBootcamp like this, they were notoriously caught for advertising on these forums a few years ago and got in big trouble.

dcdentdat To answer your question, you definitely don't need Bootcamp to do well. You only have 45 days left, so it's not worth spending $350 on practice tests that aren't even created by the ADA. You aren't going to get the same questions on your DAT. With such a limited amount of time left, I would get DATQvault and PATBooster for Reading Comp and PAT. If you want extra practice for the sciences, get a copy of DATDestroyer from your local classifieds. For practice tests, the real 2007 and 2009 released ADA DAT exams can be found online. They are slightly easier than what you will see on the real DAT but will give you an idea of what you can expect to see on the actual exam.

Reactions: 1 users
Lmao, so NOT true. Is Bootcamp paying you to promote their product here? lol OP don't trust anyone that hypes up DATBootcamp like this, they were notoriously caught for advertising on these forums a few years ago and got in big trouble.

dcdentdat To answer your question, you definitely don't need Bootcamp to do well. You only have 45 days left, so it's not worth spending $350 on practice tests that aren't even created by the ADA. You aren't going to get the same questions on your DAT. With such a limited amount of time left, I would get DATQvault and PATBooster for Reading Comp and PAT. If you want extra practice for the sciences, get a copy of DATDestroyer from your local classifieds. For practice tests, the real 2007 and 2009 released ADA DAT exams can be found online. They are slightly easier than what you will see on the real DAT but will give you an idea of what you can expect to see on the actual exam.
I used Bootcamp exclusively and did very well as did thousands of other students. Stop spreading fake news. It's funny because patbooster and destroyer run stealth marketing on these forums... funny how you didn't bring that up.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I used Bootcamp exclusively and did very well as did thousands of other students. Stop spreading fake news. It's funny because patbooster and destroyer run stealth marketing on these forums... funny how you didn't bring that up.

It's funny how the DAT forums have been quiet for 2 months with 2-3 genuine posts every week. Then out of no where 3 threads popup asking about DATBootcamp within 24 hours which are created by new accounts. It's also strange how you're defending DATBootcamp as if you have money riding on the company. Here's a friendly reminder of the forum rules: READ FIRST: Discussion of DAT test prep materials

Last edited:
Guys, you are reminded to stay on topic and answer the question at hand, instead of accusing the other of advertising.

Also, any accusations of stealth marketing are to be reported, and are not allowed to be discussed in threads. Should this occur, it will be treated as derailing a thread, and appropriate action will be taken.

Reactions: 4 users
It's funny how the DAT forums have been quiet for 2 months with 2-3 genuine posts every week. Then out of no where 3 threads popup asking about DATBootcamp within 24 hours which are created by new accounts. It's also strange how you're defending DATBootcamp as if you have money riding on the company. Here's a friendly reminder of the forum rules: READ FIRST: Discussion of DAT test prep materials
Cause it is about to be the summer my guy and the best time to use BC is over the summer

@Third Molar Lets stop accusing each other of being shills. I got called a BC shill last year

To OP I used bootcamp and loved it. I know plenty of people that used it only over winter break and got scores they were happy with.

IMO, the most priceless value of DAT Bootcamp is contained in its 10-week study schedule (which is free btw). I would have been completely lost as to what to study every day if it weren't for DBC.

That being said, I think Mike's videos and guided OC/GC problems are worth the $350 subscription in itself. For what it's worth I also don't know a single person with a 22+ TS that didn't buy Bootcamp and Orgoman resources at some point in time over the last 5 years. At the end of the day, consider DAT materials as an investment towards your doctorate.

Consider this my 5-star review of DBC. And no, I am not making commission money off this loooooooooool

Not required at all. I scored 24AA, 25 total SCI with no section under 20 and I DIDNT pay those big $$$ for bootcamp.

I’m sure it’s a nice tool, but certainly you can do well without it. It’s possible.

It's a luxury imo; bootcamp and destroyer are both helpful but if you're broke studying your college notes should be sufficient as well as free sources like Khan academy and the general web. I remember for me some reactions for orgo where only found online by myself

To y'all that didn't use bootcamp do you mind posting how you studied? I haven't met anyone IRL that did well without BC or destroyer

To y'all that didn't use bootcamp do you mind posting how you studied? I haven't met anyone IRL that did well without BC or destroyer
Lots of people did well using DATAchiever, Topscore, CracktheDAT, DATqvault, DATDestroyer before Bootcamp even existed and started massing advertising on these forums. How do you think Ari did well? It's no secret that Ari notoriously paid ppl at Columbia to advertise on these forums from 2015-2017. In 2017 they got hammered big time and they stopped but moved to their facebook group. Anyways, sad to see this is continuing. Please stop advertising/hyping up bootcamp. Times have changed and it's not going to work here bud regardless of how much Ari is paying you..

Side note: Bootcamp has stolen so many peoples work. Their "PAT Trainer" is literally stolen off "The eyeballing game" before bootcamp even existed. Their "tagging system" is a knock off "Higher learning technologies" tagging system. It's nothing new.

Please stop advertising/hyping up bootcamp. Times have changed and it's not going to work here bud regardless of how much Ari is paying you..
You need to stop. Based on your prior posting history, it seems like you have it out for Bootcamp.

Nonetheless, if you, or anyone, feels a user is stealth marketing, report them and their posts, as noted in the quote below which was posted earlier in this thread.
Also, any accusations of stealth marketing are to be reported, and are not allowed to be discussed in threads. Should this occur, it will be treated as derailing a thread, and appropriate action will be taken.

Keep these forums professional and helpful peeps. TIA!

Reactions: 1 users
Lots of people did well using DATAchiever, Topscore, CracktheDAT, DATqvault, DATDestroyer before Bootcamp even existed and started massing advertising on these forums. How do you think Ari did well? It's no secret that Ari notoriously paid ppl at Columbia to advertise on these forums from 2015-2017. In 2017 they got hammered big time and they stopped but moved to their facebook group. Anyways, sad to see this is continuing. Please stop advertising/hyping up bootcamp. Times have changed and it's not going to work here bud regardless of how much Ari is paying you..

Side note: Bootcamp has stolen so many peoples work. Their "PAT Trainer" is literally stolen off "The eyeballing game" before bootcamp even existed. Their "tagging system" is a knock off "Higher learning technologies" tagging system. It's nothing new.

Fake news. You have no idea what you're talking about.

I think it depends on how confident you are feeling with the material. It's true that not everyone needs bootcamp to do well. But, speaking from my experience, it helped me improve my scores tremendously.
The first time I took the DAT, I did not use DAT Bootcamp and scored 18AA.
The second time, I bought DAT Bootcamp a little over a month before I took the DAT and scored 22AA.
I think that it really helped me understand the material more and was the most useful study material I used for sure.

I honestly don't think it's required. While DAT Bootcamp is good for the sciences, I thought it was okay at best for the PAT, Reading, and QR. There are definitely better resources for each of those sections other than bootcamp, like PATBooster for PAT, Mathdestroyer for QR, and literally anything for RC other than Bootcamp. It's still useful and I liked using it but you still need other outside resources to get the best score possible.

My breakdown...

Edit: Note that I DID use destroyer and Dr. Romano resources.

Sorry for not updating the thread. I took the exam recently this summer... heres a short overview of my experience with BC.

I used DAT Bootcamp and thought the sample exams was very helpful. Best part of about it was how the exam was almost identical to the real exam. The timing and difficult level on the sample exams made the real exam an absolute breeze.

The content itself was very helpful too. I skimmed the biology notes and watched Mike's videos on 1.5x speed and he gives an amazing overview with just enough amount of detail to do well on the exam. Did not watch the videos for PAT or use the generators, but I did finish every exam and thought it was helpful (again the timing was the best part of bootcamp imo)
also i did not follow the bootcamp study guide... just crammed for 1month and the week before real exam I did full exams nonstop on exams 1-6.

looking back I would definitely use Bootcamp and use it from the start. only part i wish they change is the QR part... real exam was almost 50x harder and during exam I honestly thought I was going to get a 15 (felt like i was only getting 50% of the questions right and felt very rushed).... but ended up getting a 19QR score... very odd and relieved.

Reactions: 2 users