Is electrophysiology cratering?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoodmanBrown

is walking down the path.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not trying to troll or anything, but I know conventional wisdom is that the electrophysiology market is tough right now. However, I was just browsing NEJM Career Center. 1) When I specifically look for electophysiology jobs, there are only 14 (with most not actually being for electrophysiology), but 2) multiple programs are listing their fellowship positions on the site. One is at UT-Houston and one at Brown, which both strike me as reasonable programs that should be filling. Has it really come to the point where reputable electrophysiology programs can't even fill?

Members don't see this ad.

No. We've had no problems filling. All of our grads get jobs but you are right, it is a tight market. If you are looking in a very specific area, you might have a problem finding a job.

No. We've had no problems filling. All of our grads get jobs but you are right, it is a tight market. If you are looking in a very specific area, you might have a problem finding a job.

Are there too many fellowship positions available for what is needed? Do you foresee this getting worse in the future for EP grads?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

BUMP

Anyone know what % of programs and which go unfilled or where to find this data?
If the specialty prospects are so poor, why extend the length of training to 2 yrs?
Will they cut down the number of fellowship spots?