Is First Aid Enough

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

step1q

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does First Aid have all the information that is needed for step 1? For example it doesn't even mention decorticate/deceribate posturing, which I would think is a fairly basic concept. I am kind of wondering now if something like this is missing if there are lots of other points missing.

Members don't see this ad.

No, its not enough. If you memorize FA word to word and be able to recall it entirely on the step, then you will barely pass. You need to supplement FA with other sources such as USMLE WORLD question bank and may be Goljan.

No, its not enough. If you memorize FA word to word and be able to recall it entirely on the step, then you will barely pass. You need to supplement FA with other sources such as USMLE WORLD question bank and may be Goljan.

even then you're not going to kill the exam (ie get 250). the key to doing well on step 1 is doing well on your school material. not trying to be a jerk, but that's the truth from my experience. FA is just piece of info. step 1 requires you to have an understanding of the material, not just memorize it.