Is Having a C Bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heya1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So... I just got my grades, 4 As and a C. I got a C on Animal Bio, should I retake it in the near future since its a pre-req class?

Members don't see this ad.

It depends. Some schools won't really let you take the class over considering you got a C, not a C- or below that... One C shouldn't completely jeopardize your chances, there are people that get into pharmacy schools with a C/C+ gpa, so one C won't be so bad. Just try to make up from here and shoot for higher next time.

Edit: "C/C+ gpa meaning 2.75+"

Members don't see this ad :)
So... I just got my grades, 4 As and a C. I got a C on Animal Bio, should I retake it in the near future since its a pre-req class?

Do you go to George Mason University?

I would not worry about one C, especially if it isn't a prereq. If they start racking up, then you may want to think about retaking some.

I got a C in microbiology and human physiology....

Should I retake??? The thing is, I don't have time to do it because I'm supposed to finish by May. And I have other courses planned.

Also, i got an interview request yesterday,,,,

PLEASE HELP! :(
now my average GPA is 3.2

I got a C in microbiology and human physiology....

Should I retake??? The thing is, I don't have time to do it because I'm supposed to finish by May. And I have other courses planned.

Also, i got an interview request yesterday,,,,

PLEASE HELP! :(
now my average GPA is 3.2

From what I know about any pre-health discipline. You should retake human physiology for your own benefit. If you don't have time to take it, you're going to have to let it go for this cycle.

I had PLENTY of C's in science courses and still got into pharmacy school. If you go to a tough school where they give out like A's to five percent of your class, then you should be fine. The admissions committee will know that. I wouldnt retake it, i never retook any of my courses where I received Cs and I was fine. Good luck!

first of all C is not bad I had one C in anatomy and I still got in pharmacy school.. also consider animal bio is it a pre req for pahrmacy school if it is not u should not even worry abt it. I dont think having a C in one class is a huge deal.. Many students in my school have got bunch of C's :)

I'm with everyone else, don't worry so much about one C. Sure its not good for your GPA but in the long run, it's only one class. I got a C in evolutionary bio as a freshman and it was hard work getting my GPA back up but it was good motivation to not have it happen again. Overall it ended up being a positive for me because of the motivation factor, and now I'm a p2 at Buffalo. Good luck!

My previous comment isn't to discourage you, but I'm surprised everyone here is discussing only your chances to get into pharmacy school. My suggestion for you to retake physiology stems from its pervasiveness in pharmacy school. Getting a solid foundation on this subject will earn you better performance in pharmacy school. No one thinks you should take it over to improve your GPAs. However, I think you will be a stronger pharmacy student if you choose to take physiology over.

I have a C in Gen Chem II, General Biology, Pre-Cal (some school's pre-req) and Organic Chem I.

B in Gen Chem I, Stat and Lit.

A in Sociology, Communication, History, Human Development, and English Writing.

Physics, Calculus, other Biology class, I haven't taken.

And I am an International Student.

So, If I get As in other pre-reqs, those 4 Cs won't look bad, right?

Don't worry if you get a few Cs. They won't hurt that much, just make sure you do better next time!