Is it a good idea to save "better material" for later?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TX500

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to do both TBR Bio passages and TPRH Bio passages, and I've heard from multiple people that TPRH Bio passages are way better and will do a better job prepping you for the section. My test is in a little over 2 months, so what would guys recommend I do? I'll be taking the self-assessment in one month.

A) finish TBR, then to TPRH
B) finish TPRH, then to TBR
C) mix of both

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am saving TPRH for later.
I am using TBR for physics + chem, and EK for bio and orgo atm.
I will start using TPRH when I am done with bio and orgo first as EK is faster to finish than TBR.

You will waste the resources if you do it even bf you are done with content review.
TPRH workbook passages are not in order...

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope..
No one did it.

Well no one on SDN did, but Princeton Review has a PDF they give to their class which organizes their TPRH based on subject.

If you go through the workbook, you will clearly see a trend in passages, such as the beginning being about the krebs cycle, enzymes, etc, and then making a quick jump to physiology. I found that after a certain amount of questions, this trend disappears and it looks like the passages after the last subject covered by TPR in biology are just randomized for extra practice.

That's not my concern. I'm still wondering in which order I should do the Bio passages. Should I mix them up or no?

Mix them up.

That is how I am doing it anyways. You never know what you will expect on the MCAT right? Basically I just page through the workbook and pick passages at random (I will write down passage 5, 29, 33, 36, 47, 58... until I get about 52 questions). I will say it works out pretty well. Some of the passages in TPRH are pretty straightforward, but there are others which can be pretty challenging. That is why, in my opinion, you need to mix them up so you are ready for anything, including the quick sudden subject change I mentioned in my last post.

I liked saving the best practice tests (AAMC) for last, but it probably doesn't really matter for individual passages as much.

This is exactly how I felt when I studied for the MCAT. The only great stuff is from the AAMC. Save that for last.

Everything else is an approximation and you can do them in whatever order you want.