Is It A Science Class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wuwu81

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a couple questions hopefully someone will be able to help me out with:

1) I had taken a few dental related classes (i.e. infection control, preclinical, preventive, dental materials, etc) and I was wondering if they would fall into the Science category when calculating my science GPA.

I took the dental related classes at a community college that has the 2nd best RDA program, which is different from where I finished undergrad (dont' know if that makes a difference or not).

2) Also, when I transfer all the transcripts over to the schools, will they re-calculate everything and add ALL the transcripts together?

3) Finally, if I only took one course (a ceramics course) at a community college, should I still transfer that transcript over as well?

Thank you ahead of time for who ever can help me with my quetsions. :)

Members don't see this ad.

1.) Look at the AADSAS course conversion chart to see if they have a category in the sciences section that would fit the criteria of the courses you took.

2.) Yes, AADSAS will basically take all of your grades together and figure out their gpa interpretation of your transcripts. This is why a person's AADSAS gpa is often a little different then the one assigned on the transcript.

3.) Hhmm, just one ceramics course at one, lone community college. The guidelines state that you must submit everything, and I venture to say that includes that one course on that one transcript. If you want to risk it and keep your mouth shut then I don't think AADSAS nor the schools will miss it - but it's your call.

wuwu81 said:
I had a couple questions hopefully someone will be able to help me out with:

1) I had taken a few dental related classes (i.e. infection control, preclinical, preventive, dental materials, etc) and I was wondering if they would fall into the Science category when calculating my science GPA.

I took the dental related classes at a community college that has the 2nd best RDA program, which is different from where I finished undergrad (dont' know if that makes a difference or not).

2) Also, when I transfer all the transcripts over to the schools, will they re-calculate everything and add ALL the transcripts together?

3) Finally, if I only took one course (a ceramics course) at a community college, should I still transfer that transcript over as well?

Thank you ahead of time for who ever can help me with my quetsions. :)

1) not sure- you can call AADSAS customer service
2) yes, they do recalculate and add everything together
3) I would submit that one ceramic class on the transcript. They did want everything you've ever taken. If your transcript from your home institution has the credits from that class, I'd definately include it. Otherwise, you are risking them rejecting your application- and you've just wasted at least $195! + school application fee to whereever you applied to+ possibly your DAT test $$ + valuable time. Besides- having taken a ceramic course- it helps to show your manual dexterity skills! Why not include it?!?

Members don't see this ad :)
What about Environmental Science courses ?
Does anyone know what code that would fall under?

THanks everyone for helping me with my questions. :-D