Is it a violation???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted542994

If you have been matched into an AOA program and you withdraw at this point, is it considered a violation?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

If you have been matched into an AOA program and you withdraw at this point, is it considered a violation?

Did you get the position through the AOA match? The application agreement took all of 30 seconds to find using the google.
Applicant Registration

"To accept appointment to the program with which I am matched based on the choices submitted on my Rank Order List. I understand that the Match result constitutes a binding obligation between me and the institution, and I cannot avoid accepting appointment to the program with which I have been matched without a written release obtained by mutual consent from the institution concerned; also, that another program cannot offer me a position unless I have this release.

To sign a contract with the institution with which I am matched within thirty (30) days after it is presented to me by the institution. If I do not sign such contract within the specified 30 days, the institution may withdraw its offer, and I will not be permitted to take any other AOA-approved internship or residency for a 12-month period.
I understand that if I violate any of the terms of this Agreement, such as refusing to accept a position at a program with which I have been matched, I may be precluded by the AOA from taking any AOA-accredited training program for one year, and from AOA approval of any postdoctoral training during that year."

Violation of what? AOA programs are not offered in the NRMP match unless they are dually accredited.

Sent from my SM-N910P using SDN mobile
Yes big guy, but there's an AOA match...

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks guys, and no thoracic guy I haven't decided not to become a doctor. I had some reasons which I won't disclose in a public forum that I thought of withdrawing. I had other plans and ideas in the medicine field.

Thanks guys, and no thoracic guy I haven't decided not to become a doctor. I had some reasons which I won't disclose in a public forum that I thought of withdrawing. I had other plans and ideas in the medicine field.

Well, if you withdraw from your match, you are in essence saying you don't want to go through residency training and then you are a doctor in name only. You wouldn't be able to get a permanent license or practice medicine. Your other plans and ideas can wait until after residency.

Reactions: 3 users
Thorax--- Yeah I already know all that what you are saying thanks, that's not what I intended to do... anyway no need for clarification or back and forth, I know my answer and have made my decision: end of discussion.