Is it bad everywhere?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CashMcCallister

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like I can't get online anymore at all without being bombarded by another medical blog outlining the reasons why not to get into medicine.

"Healthcare is not what is used to be, it's not worth it, go to business/law/whatever school as long as it isn't med school. I wish I would have done that."

Though this is a bit of a generalization, it seems that this attitude was most prevalent in IM, and EM.

How do Psychiatrists feel? Was it worth it? Would you do it again given the chance?

Members don't see this ad.

It seems like I can't get online anymore at all without being bombarded by another medical blog outlining the reasons why not to get into medicine.

"Healthcare is not what is used to be, it's not worth it, go to business/law/whatever school as long as it isn't med school. I wish I would have done that."

Though this is a bit of a generalization, it seems that this attitude was most prevalent in IM, and EM.

How do Psychiatrists feel? Was it worth it? Would you do it again given the chance?

There was a very recent thread on this - http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=548975

The short answer is that, yes, we're all very happy (no really, we are).