Is it easier to get in if offered interview w/o sending sec. ap????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

patient

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it easier to get into a school if you are offered an interview without sending a sec. app?

Members don't see this ad.

i got into pitt after being interviewed sans secondary.

i have only heard of pitt and vanderbilt offering interviews w/o a secondary, but i have not heard about acceptances post interview. i have not heard rejections either, i just didn't find out what happened to the guy.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was offered an interview along with my secondary at Temple in late August. I attended the interview prior to completing my secondary and sent the form in a week or two after my interview. I was offered an acceptance four weeks later.

I received an interview at UMich w/o sending a secondary and am still sitting pretty on the waitlist...think I was thinking the same thing you were going into the interview "Wow, they must really want me, sending me an interview w/o secondary." I was actually pretty crushed when I got waitlisted after that! Just beware...lesson learned, don't ever get cocky in this process, there's no worse feeling than having your bubble burst!

It really depends on the school. For some, like vandy, it is the norm. so doesn't mean that they have liked you too much :D I got an interview request there way before sending my secondary and eventually got waitlisted.

vanderbilt and umich actually say that they give interviews on the basis of the amcas application. (vanderbilt mentions it in the secondary, and u mich requests that you make sure you sent in the secondary on the interview invitation.)

i kind of felt that having the interview pre-secondary was strange, because you really have no idea what they think of your secondary until the final review...which could explain the unexpected results. :)

Like many, I got an interview offer from pitt pre-secondary. I decided to sit on the offer and on the secondary (until the deadline). I interviewed in early Feb and now I'm waitlisted.

I don't really know if it's easier but I recieved an interview without a sec. with Temple and got in. I guess it is a good chance they will accept you. Make sure you perform good in their interview.

I was offered an interview pre-secondary at howard, however, most of the people that i interviewed with hadn't sent in their secondary either. i was admitted.

I had never heard of schools offering interviews pre-secondary. What is the point of the secondary in this case? Also, did you still have to complete the secondary?

serendipity475.

Did you accept the offer.
Also please tell me more for I have the same issue with that school. My interview is next week and I am scared. I know nothing about it and was not even intending to apply until I saw the secondary

I received a request for an interview at Pitt without a secondary, interviewed there in late February, and got in. The staff there told me that they send out about 150 letters each year requesting interviews without a secondary. From what I've read on this forum, it's based primarily on numbers, but they do look at the rest of the AMCAS app as well. I thought my faculty interview went pretty poorly, so I was pleasantly surprised a few weeks later when I got in.

patient,

yes, i did accept and am 80% sure that i will be attending howard next fall. i also PM'd you.