Is it ever too late to consider Optometry...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Snake Doctor

24
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it too late if it's your third year and you want to apply next cycle? I'm planning to shadow a few optometrists soon. I've been doing research on the profession for a few months now but lack any sort of optometry related E.C's.
 
We have students at our school in their 40's and 50's... so I would say it's definitely not too late for you! 😀 Do some shadowing and you'll be good to go!
 
Is it too late if it's your third year and you want to apply next cycle? I'm planning to shadow a few optometrists soon. I've been doing research on the profession for a few months now but lack any sort of optometry related E.C's.

see the post by non-trads...you've got PLENTY of time.