Is it good to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ali-karimi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm Planning to repeat some of my courses that i ended up with C..and i know that these C do not represent me...so is it bad to have thosse C repeated...just let u know i'm planning to repeat only 3 courses...any comment would be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Ali-karimi said:
I'm Planning to repeat some of my courses that i ended up with C..and i know that these C do not represent me...so is it bad to have thosse C repeated...just let u know i'm planning to repeat only 3 courses...any comment would be appreciated

Are u undergrad or in pod school?

Ezj391 said:

oh, I'm undergrad...planning to apply for 2007 cycle..

Members don't see this ad :)
Ali-karimi said:

my advise is don't repeat the classes. you can get in with the few C's.

Ezj391 said:

don't repeat! just take other science classes and try to get a's.

OOK said:
don't repeat! just take other science classes and try to get a's.

I disagree. I repeated a class that I made a C in and felt it was to my advantage and shows good work ethic and character.

MurrayButler said:
I disagree. I repeated a class that I made a C in and felt it was to my advantage and shows good work ethic and character.

med schools will look at the first grade. they know that you should have A in any class you retake. but, if you take a harder class and have A, they will assume that you are a hard worker.

Ali-karimi said:

Save yourself the time. If you are only applying to POD school, I wouldn't retake those classes. What is your total GPA right now? As long as you have a GPA 3.0+ you should not have many problems getting into a POD school. Also, what standardized test have you taken? (MCAT, GRE)

OOK said:
med schools will look at the first grade. they know that you should have A in any class you retake. but, if you take a harder class and have A, they will assume that you are a hard worker.

I couldn't disagree more for the simple fact that my grade change was mentioned to me in an interview. The interviewer asked me what I did differently the 2nd time and why I decided to take it again. After my explanation, he simply stated, "I like that. We look for that type of work ethic in our students."

doclm said:
Save yourself the time. If you are only applying to POD school, I wouldn't retake those classes. What is your total GPA right now? As long as you have a GPA 3.0+ you should not have many problems getting into a POD school. Also, what standardized test have you taken? (MCAT, GRE)

thanks for your comments but i'm confused whether to retake or not to repeat them...

also my gpa is not goot but 3.01 and i have not taken MCAT yet..planning to take it this april...

Ali-karimi said:
thanks for your comments but i'm confused whether to retake or not to repeat them...

also my gpa is not goot but 3.01 and i have not taken MCAT yet..planning to take it this april...

How many more credits do you need to take before you graduate or are you planning on obtaining the B.S. through POD school?

Well, you could retake a couple classes this summer just to bring your GPA up a little bit. Like MurrayBulter has mentioned in the previous posts, POD admissions would favor your motivation to retake a class or two just to help yourself get in.

I believe that Sept. 06, is the date that you can start applying for the year 2007.