Is it hard to get into Ross and SGU?

Started by glorytome
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

glorytome

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying in January and I was wondering if that lessens my chances of getting into any of these 2 schools.
 
Are you applying for Jan07? If you are, it's probably a little late.

or,

Are you applying in January for Aug07? That sounds more reasonable, SGU has rolling admissions. So, you just apply for the class you want (Aug07 or Jan08) and wait for the feedback/interview offer. You can always bump your matriculation date forward,(from Jan07 to Aug07) however you may not always be able go the other way. (from Aug07 to Jan07)

or,

Have you applied for Jan07 and just wondering if it's easier to get accepted into a Jan. class versus an Aug. class? It's usually easier to get into the Jan. class because there's usually less applicants.

I'm not good at mind reading, but I hope that helps.
 
Sorry I forgot to mention this! What about ross? And people say that SABA is harder to get into. Is that true? Thanks alot.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I dont think SABA is harder to get into, but ive never applied.

Ross is part of the big 3. (SGU,ROSS,AUC)
Saba is part of the big 5.(including the big three)


This is just off stuff I read/hear. I personally never been to any of those schools.
 
I dont think SABA is harder to get into, but ive never applied.

Ross is part of the big 3. (SGU,ROSS,AUC)
Saba is part of the big 5.(including the big three)


This is just off stuff I read/hear. I personally never been to any of those schools.

Saba had over 3000 applicants for the Jan 07 term and only 70 seats. So Saba is getting a lot tougher to get in to and will soon require the MCAT. The MCAT might be required maybe for May07, I still haven't heard anything as far as an exact date as of yet. Reason for the high applicants is simple, Saba is the best value for the money. SGU is still the better school but for 100K more. For 100K more do you see the benefits? Still trying to figure that out. Don't think I'm trying to get a huge cheerleader for Saba, I'm still going on record and stating that SGU and AUC are still better in some areas. I think they both have better clinicals and you get a much better shot at getting the residency of your choosing. Saba is making alot of headway though as far as clinicals. Here's the match list for 2006:
http://www.saba.edu/residency_match.php
 
Just curious, because, they average numbers on the princeton review are around 21 or 22.
 
ATTN: RECENTLY ACCEPTED SABA STUDENTS
Hello there,

I am a very confused pre-med student who is unsure of the average GPA required for SABA admission. I've been hearing that it's becoming very com
 
ATTN: RECENTLY ACCEPTED SABA STUDENTS
Hello there,

I am a very confused pre-med student who is unsure of the average GPA required for SABA admission. I've been hearing that it's becoming very competitive now (from SABAMED)...Just out of curiosity, can some of the recently accepted members tell me what their GPA's and extracurricular activities were? This will help me gaze where I need to be when I apply...

SABAMED...you said the applications were over 3,000 this yr. I emailed Dr. Bernstein and he said that number was exaggerated. Maybe this was a misunderstanding? Thanks in advance....
 
Just curious, because, they average numbers on the princeton review are around 21 or 22.

For SGU the average MCAT for incoming 1st term students in Fall 06 was 26 (9 PS, 8 VR, 9 BS). Average GPA was 3.4 (3.3 Science).
The total rate of acceptance was about 1 out of every 7 applicants.
 
Do you think I would get into SGU's direct MD program with my stats--3.1 GPA, higher science GPA, and 24 MCAT?
 
Do you think I would get into SGU's direct MD program with my stats--3.1 GPA, higher science GPA, and 24 MCAT?