is it just me or TBR....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whoknows87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've just started studying for the MCAT using TBR, I started a few months ago, but too many things were going on, nothing got done , so starting from scratch, it is a bit frustrating when going through some of the easy questions/ concepts and gets stuck or hung up on little details, I do feel like TBR sometimes assumes you already know how to calculate something/figure it out, most of the time you can refresh by doing an example or if they showed a similar problem , I say this because I was going through Chapter 1 projectile motion ( physics is one of my dreaded subjects) and I've been out of school for a year now
I came across this problem , which looks familiar but that particular problem pissed me off ( their way of solving it) it's example 1.1B Pg 7 Physics book 1, I know there is more than one way to do it, but why dont they just show the process , not just throw numbers out there....

I know I'll probably never heard the end of it , like dude if you cant figure this out blah blah , how are you going to do on the real MCAT, you have no chance , it's called learning , it's a process

so am I the only one that thinks sometimes TBR assumes you can figure it out on your'e own? I expect the book to show me every single step/detail TBR is supposed to be the ultimate source for Content review

Members don't see this ad.

kk good I thought I was the only one lol I went through TBR chem during the summer and I barely remember anything

I like "get" why TBR is a godsend for so many people. However, it doesn't really work for me. For various reasons including what OP posted.

I like "get" why TBR is a godsend for so many people. However, it doesn't really work for me. For various reasons including what OP posted.
I think TBR is good for general chem and organic only...I dont think TBR is that good for physics and biology. I would recommend people to supplement TBR physics with NOVA physics and use a combination of EK/TPRH for biology.