Is it just me or.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imsotired

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
are you guys also getting really lazy now that the big day is coming closer and closer??? Seems to me that the opposite should be happening but nope....what the hell is wrong with me? :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

yup. i get so lazy that i come check out sdn.

then think... what the crap am i doing here. My breakthrough moment when i finally understand torque isn't going to occur by reading about whether or not i should wear a diaper. =P

You guys are probably getting tired because you're all burned out from studying, and by the way that diaper dude was hilarious.

I'm to the point where I'm not studying as much as I want to be. I have already gone through all the material and there isn't enough time to do it all again, so what do I do now? I don't feel like I have any one area that is especially weak. So basically I am just taking practice tests and kind of reviewing those. But usually I don't miss that many questions and the ones I do miss aren't really because a lack of knowledge but more of a failure to analyze the passage or question correctly. So the practice tests don't really lead into any new studying either. Basically I am just trying to maintain at this point and kind of browse over random stuff so I don't forget. Anyone who's been here before have any advice?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, same here guys! Someone enlighten me as to why this is happenning. I guess I'm pretty sick of the material at this point. The first month I studied around 8 hours a day re-learning everything. Since then I've taken 3 aamc tests and done about the same on all of them. I'm trying to do practice passages but it doesn't seem to affect my score. I'd be happy if I got on the real thing what I'm getting on the aamc's...So I guess that makes me not as adamant about putting in all the hours I could...But I'm still worried...ahh I don't know :)

yeah, will, if I had those practice tests scores I'd be pretty chill myself :) relax kiddo :)

I would stop studying on the 7th. I stopped a week before and it helped. Two days before, I'd review the equations. That's all.

Trust your mind. A cloudy, tired head on test day could have career-damaging consequences. If you're feeling tired, stop, regroup, and prepare for the test.

I bet none of you believe me, but have faith! What would your doctor tell you?

I am feeling so depressed I cant study anymore and my so called relationship drives me insane to the point where I want to cry and just kick everyone in the face

I am ridden with guilt, anxiety and pure insanity as I sit here polishing a bronze Buddha at 1 am and worrying about my in-adequacies

..yes I feel tired no I cant study anymore
god please help me
I am giving up on lenses, circuits, solution chemistry, acids, electrochemistry, and immunology.

(ps: ignore me? bah I know I will wake up post noon tomorrow and get over this mood but for now I feel so run down)

Feeling a little bit lost right now. I know my weakest area is PS, but don't know how to improve upon it since my problem is mostly because I don't have a deep understanding of the phsyics and chemistry so I take longer time to comprehend the passages and questions.

And I am not entirely secure about VR. I've been getting great scores on Kaplan, but haven't replicated it on AAMCs. This is galling since VR is the subject I worked longest on, I've done all the Kaplan and EK verbal tests.

So the frustrations simmers.

willthatsall said:
Whoa, stop a whole week before the test??? I was thinking maybe a day.

I guess I should also say, If you're not feeling mentally exhausted, I wouldn't stop.

It's a cost/benefit problem. You could, potentially, lose a lot with little gain if you push that last week when you're already exhausted. It takes more than a couple days to regain the normal state. Don't endanger years of preparation for four days of additional work.