Is it just me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kutastha

2K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Or are there still people out there not being processed?

I called AMCAS again today and asked why some are being processed and transmitted before others. I got the line: 4 to 6 weeks sir. I said, 'That's fantastic! Then why am I not being processed? It's been six weeks'. Now, she didn't really know what to say and didn't appreciate my sarcasm.

Anyhoos, she went on to say that they needed all my transcripts before they could process. I said, 'Excellent, you've had all my transcripts for over 6 weeks.' She was once again dumbfounded.

She said the application needed to be complete. I said, 'We just determined the application is complete.' Then she said she couldn't tell me when I will be processed, but told me that they've been working on EDP applicants first and that this week they're planning on getting those that applied in June out to medical schools. :rolleyes:

Andrew

Members don't see this ad.

It's not just you. Submitted my app on 6/25 and it has moved an inch.

sorry...HASN'T moved an inch.

Members don't see this ad :)
similar situation: i submitted on the 24th of june and no evidence of grade verification has been made yet. my transcripts were in by the middle of may and i've called twice to confirm that. i called last friday to ask them what was going on and was *also* given the 4-6 week answer. i was also told to make sure my transcripts were in and i told the guy that they already were, and i asked him to reverify that for me right over the phone, which he did. i mentioned that there were plenty of people who submitted long after me that were already processed, and how was this possible? the guy had no answer for me and seemed pretty annoyed, and then told me that there was no reason why my app should be unprocessed past the 6 week mark. it wasn't until i hung up that i realized that it *had* been six weeks.

the moral of the story? no one at AMCAS can explain how the processing methods work! i don't buy that 'EDP first' excuse considering there are people on this board who are NOT EDP and currently have processed apps.

Well at least now they are all giving us the same answer to the question when will my appl be processed.

that is why I started the topic about how do they really deceide whose appl to process first. There really appears to be no logical order at all. If they are the ones that are picking who gets processed first and who gets sent to their schools, then that is very wrong.

Legally, can they pick who gets placed in line first at the schools? I know that the faster you get your appl in to the schools, the best chance you have of being accepted.

I could understand if they took all the EDP first, that would be fine with me. Why did I bust my butt to get my app finished and submitted in June if the timing wasn't going to make a difference.

Oh well, as everyone knows by now who reads my replies.... Submitted June 27, transcripts been correct for four weeks, no progress in terms of AMCAS working on it.
Sigh, and time marches on, and on, and on...........................................................................

I am not EDP.
I submitted on 7/1 and certified on 7/1.
Processed on 7/21.
Michigan and Stanford claim to have my full application.
It seems that the people who turned it in on those first few days got screwed.
I still don't have any transmission dates on those schools though. I just seem to be getting lucky...though I still haven't gotten a bunch of secondaries from some places my other friends have gotten a long time ago.

Similar situation here:
certified/submitted 7/4
processed 7/20

I got the Michigan secondary that has my course listing, and I didn't apply to StanfUrd. =)

Oh yeah, and I'm not EDP.

Not EDP. Submitted/certified 7/7. Not processed yet. All transcripts submitted. Was told today it will be 10-15 days after all transcripts are received (for me that was late July since they lost one of my transcripts after I was told in May that they had it). Also told they are sending out non-verified paper copies of app (called "preliminary applications" to the schools) which includes MCAT scores, but not all the designated schools list. And told today, once app is processed/verified, then a copy of it will be sent to all designated schools - no time frame given for this - or whether it will be paper or automated.

submitted July 3rd, EDP and still no processing or change notification button.

really frustratin' ain't it?

later

12R34Y: Where are ya doing EDP?