Is it okay if study for PCAT using books only?

Started by ngocxit
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ngocxit

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I would like to know if it is okay that I only use PCAT study books ,
cause I don't want to waste 1,339 USD for the KAPLAN course, I am broke

Please give me some advices
I am very dedicated and I am sure that I can study by myself


Many thanks, thanks 🙂
 
if you are dedicated to ace the PCAT, no money or extra time are needed to spend on preparing for it. i know someone who just studied the kaplan book and got a 89. GOOD LUCK ! i wish i could do that same...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yup, dont waste you money on Kaplan Course...Pick right books and spend a lot of time with it...My friends got 96 just for study Kaplan Book...I got 91 in the third attempt.
 
Quick question. I'm studying the Kaplan book only, and I'll be taking the August exam without having taken Orgo I and Calculus. By August, I would have finished GenChem I-II, PreCal, and Bio I. So would the Kaplan book be helpful enough for me to get a good score?

And do you have any special tips on studying the Kaplan? Like how many chapters a day, making your own study guides, etc? Because right now, I'm averaging 2 chapters a day and making study guides on the general topics...and I'm hoping this will help me retain info
 
No kaplan would be a bad choice since it only focus on the subject you already took and its ochem/and math for the book is limited.